Easily Pay Your BWL Bill Online Today
Lansing Board of Water and Light (BWL) is a city-owned utility responsible for billing and collecting BWL bills. BWL bills are sent every month to its customers, who have to pay before they are due.
While some people can pay their bills in time, some get frustrated with BWL's payment system, which has made it nearly impossible for anyone to make an online payment in time. If you are among the latter group who cannot make BWL bill payments in time, do not fret. With DoNotPay, worrying about on time will be a thing of the past.
How Do I Pay My Recurring Bills?
Lansing BWL provides various ways of paying your monthly bills. You can pay your bill using the following ways:
|To access this service, you have to register for eServices which requires you to have a valid driver's license or a Social Security Number. Once you sign up, you can pay your utilities using Autopay. It also allows you to check the due date of any outstanding bills.
|You can make this payment by sending a self-addressed mail to:
Lansing Board of Water & Light
P.O. Box 13007
Lansing, MI 48901-3007
The payment is processed within 24 hours of receipt. Therefore, it is likely to cause disruptions if you pay on the due date.
|You can call +1-517-702-6006 to call an automated toll-free service. You will need your eight-digit BWL account number and a three-digit verification code when using a credit or debit card.
|You can pay the bills at the Lansing Board of Water and Light by visiting their office. However, because of COVID-19, their Customer Care Service payment lobby is currently closed.
What Happens If You Miss a Bill Payment?
If you are delinquent in paying your utility bills, BWL will not hesitate to disconnect your service. For example, BWL shut down the services for thousands of consumers at the height of the pandemic.
However, before they disconnect the services, they will send you prior notice warning you about impending disconnection. Therefore, it is essential to always pay your bills in time. With DoNotPay in your corner, you are assured that your BWL bills are paid on time.
How Can I Schedule Check Payments?
DoNotPay will help you pay your bills with the BWL. All you need to do is to provide all the relevant information regarding the BWL utilities. For example, you can indicate your house number, the last payment date, the balance owed on the bill, and more.
For your check payments to be scheduled, you need to set up a payment system. Include your bank account and verify the information required.
Once you provide all that information, DoNotPay will then routinely post payments in your house. Therefore, if you have to in the future, all you need to do is call DoNotPay, and they will take care of it for you.
How Can I Keep Track of My Automatic Payments?
Once you have set up an account with DoNotPay, all your payments will be automatic. For this reason, it is crucial to verify your bank account. You can also contact the DoNotPay customer service department using our email address or setting up a callback appointment to query the status of your account. Additionally, you can cancel the BWL bills if you have moved out of your previous apartment and set up a new account.
How to Set Up Recurring Check Payments Using DoNotPay
If you want to set up recurring check payments but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Bill Pay product on DoNotPay. Image:
- Connect a bank account if you haven't already. Image:
- Schedule recurring or one-time payments by entering the person you want to address the check to, the payment amount, and their mailing address. Image:
- Customize the payment with a PDF attachment, image, and memo. Image:
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number. Image:
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will mail the check on your behalf, and make sure it gets sent each recurring period if you set up recurring payments. You can always return to the product to delete or add new payments. Image:
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve Your Outstanding BWL Bills?
Paying your utility bills can become quite a chore. Luckily, with DoNotPay, you are rest assured that your bills will be paid on time. Other benefits of using DoNotPay include:
- It’s fast. Provided you have verified your bank details, all your payments will be made as scheduled.
- It’s simple: All you need to do is provide the relevant information, and that's it.
- All your personal data remains secure. The company is compliant with all security protocols and uses 256-bit encryption to protect all your data.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can also help you with the following:
- Fight parking tickets.
- Help you cancel services or transactions.
- Help you get chargebacks and refunds.
It can also help with settling bills for utilities such as the following:
- Pay by Plate
- Washington Gas
- Duke Energy
- National Fuel
- GA Power
- Alabama Power