How to Contact the British Embassy in Washington, D.C.
The British Embassy in Washington covers 5 American states:
- District of Columbia
- West Virginia
If you are not in these states, other service points can cater to your needs.
How to Contact the British Consulate General in Washington, D.C.?
|Address||3100 Massachusetts Ave
NW Washington DC
|Office Hours||Office Hours on Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
Traveling to the UK during COVID-19
To travel to the UK, you must:
- Take a COVID-19 test and obtain proof of a negative result from a test taken in the 72 hours before departure time
- Complete a passenger locator form 48 hours before you arrive in the UK
- If you are entering from the US, you will not need to quarantine — book a Day 2 COVID-19 test in the UK for follow-up
Types of Visas
You will need a UK Visa if you intend to:
- Work in the UK
- Visit the UK for more than 6 months
- Study in the UK
- Visit or live with a partner or family member in the UK for an unspecified period of time
Common reasons why US citizens choose to obtain British Visas include:
Standard Visitor Visa
- Certain business activities like meetings
- A short course of study
- To take part in research
- For medical reasons
Marriage Visitor Visa
- You want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
- You want to give notice for a marriage or civil partnership in the UK
- You’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
Permitted Paid Engagement Visa
- You are invited by a UK-based organization or client
- You want to come to the UK to do specific paid work without having to be sponsored
Parent of a Student Visa
- You are the only parent accompanying your child into the UK
- You have enough money to support yourself and your child in the UK
- You maintain your main home outside of the UK
- You plan to leave the UK when your visa expires
Visa to Pass Through the UK in Transit
- You are in transit to another country with enough money to fund international travel
If Visiting the UK, You Can’t:
When visiting the UK, you cannot:
- Do paid or unpaid work for a UK company or as a self-employed person
- Live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
- Claim public funds (benefits)
- Do a course of study that lasts longer than 6 months
- Marry or register a civil partnership or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
DoNotPay Helps You Contact Embassies/Consulates!
DoNotPay understands how frustrating it could be to draft emails, find the correct addresses, and not receive timely replies to urgent matters. Let the AI-powered robot lawyer handle the work for you! To contact any Consulate or Embassy, all you need to do is:
1. Enter “Contact Embassy” on DoNotPay.
2. Choose if you want to contact a foreign embassy or consulate in the U.S.
3. Explain your issue and any questions you may have.
4. Tell DoNotPay which embassy or consulate you want to contact by typing in the country.
That’s it! You can expect a timely response from any consulate or embassy to your issue by email!
Who Else Can DoNotPay Help You Contact?
- Chinese Consulate (Los Angeles, Chicago, New York)
- Philippine Consulate (Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York)
- Nigerian Embassy (Atlanta)
- Russian Embassy (Washington D.C.)
- Indian Embassy (New York, Chicago, Houston)
- Brazillian Consulate (Miami)