Contact The British Consulate General In Houston

Contact Embassies and Consulates Contact The British Consulate General In Houston

How to Contact the British Consulate General in Houston

The British Consulate in Houston covers 6 American states:

  1. Texas
  2. Arkansas
  3. Colorado
  4. Louisiana
  5. New Mexico
  6. Oklahoma

If you are not in these states, other service points can cater to your needs. 

What Can the British Embassy Do for U.S. Citizens?

Consular Staff in the USA can:

  • Make a certified copy of a British passport for US IRS ITIN purposes
  • Issue a no-objection statement for US J1 Visa
  • Administer an oath, affirmation, or affidavit
  • Witness a signature
  • Issue emergency travel documents

How to Contact the British Consulate General in Houston?

Address 1031 Fannin Street

Suite 2400

Houston, TX



Phone +1 713-210-4000
Fax N/A
Office Hours Monday to Friday

9:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.


Apply for an Emergency Travel Document


  • You are a British national
  • You are outside the UK
  • Your passport has been lost, stolen, damaged, is full, expired, or is with HM Passport Office or a foreign embassy
  • You do not have time to renew or replace your passport before you travel
  • You can provide proof of travel plans (booking confirmations, written travel plans)


  • You can use this to travel to a destination through a maximum of 5 countries
  • You can also use it to return to your country of residence
  • Your travel plans will be printed on your emergency document, if they change, you will need a new document
  • If your final destination is the UK, border staff will keep your emergency travel document when you arrive 


  • You must apply online
  • It will cost 100 euros to apply for the travel document, and this fee is non-refundable
  • You need to go to the nearest British embassy or consulate once you apply
  • Travel documents will be ready in 2 business days, but due to COVID-19, expect delays
  • It will take longer if:
    • You applied for a child under 16 without a signed letter of consent
    • You did not pay enough or give proper supporting documents
    • You gave incorrect information
    • You are applying for someone else

Traveling to the UK during COVID-19

To travel to the UK, you must:

  1. Take a COVID-19 test and obtain proof of a negative result from a test taken in the 72 hours before departure time
  2. Complete a passenger locator form 48 hours before you arrive in the UK
  3. If you are entering from the US, you will not need to quarantine — book a Day 2 COVID-19 test in the UK for follow-up

Obtaining a Visa

You will need a UK Visa if you intend to:

  • Work in the UK
  • Visit the UK for more than 6 months
  • Study in the UK
  • Visit or live with a partner or family member in the UK for an unspecified period of time

Types of Visas

Common reasons why US citizens choose to obtain British Visas include:

  • Standard Visitor Visa
    • Tourism
    • Certain business activities like meetings
    • A short course of study
    • To take part in research
    • For medical reasons
  • Marriage Visitor Visa
    • You want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
    • You want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in the UK
    • You’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
  • Permitted Paid Engagement Visa
    • You are invited by a UK-based organization or client
    • You want to come to the UK to do specific paid work without having to be sponsored
  • Parent of a Student Visa
    • You are the only parent accompanying your child into the UK
    • You have enough money to support yourself and your child in the UK
    • You maintain your main home outside of the UK
    • You plan to leave the UK when your visa expires
  • Visa to pass through the UK in transit
    • You are in transit to another country with enough money to fund international travel
    • You can enter the country you are traveling to
    • The only purpose of your visit to the UK is to transit

If Visiting the UK, You Cannot:

When visiting the UK, you cannot:

  • Do paid or unpaid work for a UK company or as a self-employed person
  • Live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
  • Claim public funds (benefits)
  • Do a course of study that lasts longer than 6 months
  • Marry or register a civil partnership or give notice of marriage or civil partnership

DoNotPay Helps You Contact Embassies/Consulates!

DoNotPay understands how frustrating it could be to draft emails, find the correct addresses, yet not receive timely replies to urgent matters. Let the AI-powered robot lawyer handle the work for you! To contact any Consulate or Embassy, all you need to do is:

1. Enter “Contact Embassy” on DoNotPay.


2. Choose if you want to contact a foreign embassy or consulate in the U.S.


3. Explain your issue and any questions you may have.


4. Tell DoNotPay which embassy or consulate you want to contact by typing in the country.

That’s it! You can expect a timely response from any consulate or embassy to your issue by email!

Who Else Can DoNotPay Help You Contact?

Want your issue solved now?