Get Acquainted With the Brazil Tourist Visa Requirements
If you’re looking forward to visiting the land of carnivals, rainforests, and the Samba, you don’t wait until the last minute to check out the Brazil tourist visa requirements and cost!
Not to worry, because, with DoNotPay, you can secure everything for your vacation!
According to the Brazil tourist visa requirements, U.S. citizens don’t have to apply for a Brazil tourist visa if they are not seeking residence in the country but are visiting it for the following reasons:
- Artistic activities
- Sport activities
Tourists from visa-exempt countries can stay in Brazil for up to 90 days per entry and can extend their stay under special circumstances for up to 90 more days. To extend your stay, you will have to contact a Federal Police office and show that you can afford to stay in Brazil longer. The annual stay limit for tourists coming from visa-exempt countries is 180 days.
Regardless of whether travelers need a tourist visa for Brazil, they need to provide the following:
- A U.S. passport that’s valid for at least six months after your arrival and has a minimum of two blank pages to accommodate the entry and departure stamps
- Proof of financial sustainability during your stay
- Details regarding your accommodation
- The reason for your visit to Brazil
- Proof that you will leave the country before your allowed stay time runs out, for example, a return ticket
The following requirements apply to minors:
- If they are traveling with one parent, they must have a minor travel consent letter signed by the other parent
- If they are traveling alone, they need two minor travel consent letters, one for each parent
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the Brazilian government requires all tourists to provide the following upon arrival:
- The Traveler’s Health Declaration (DSV)
- A negative result of an RT-PCR test performed no longer than 72 hours before arrival
Keep in mind that all land borders are closed, and the only way to enter Brazil is by plane.
Children between two and 12 years old must also provide a negative test result if they are traveling alone.
The following categories of tourists are exempt from the testing requirements:
- Children under the age of two
- Minors younger than 12 who are traveling with a companion
The Brazilian government does not impose self-isolation time or movement restrictions at the time of writing this article.
To check on any updates on the COVID-19 restrictions, visit the COVID-19 Information page on the website of the Embassy of the U.S. in Brazil.
If you have any concerns about your upcoming trip to Brazil, you can use the information from the table below to reach a Brazilian diplomatic mission in the United States:
|Diplomatic Mission||Phone Number|
|Embassy of Brazil in Washington DC||202-238-2700||washington.itamaraty.gov.br|
|Brazillian Consulate in Washington DCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brazilian Consulate In San Franciscoemail@example.com|
|Consulate General Of Brazil In Houston||
|Consulate General Of Brazil In New Yorkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brazilian Consulate In Miamiemail@example.com|
|Brazilian Consulate In Atlantafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brazilian Consulate In Chicago||312–email@example.com|
|Brazilian Consulate In Bostonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Despite not needing a Brazil tourist visa, DoNotPay can remind you of your allowed stay and also:
- Whether any other country you want to visit next requires a tourist visa
- What documents do you need to apply for one, if necessary
- Whether the country offers an online application form
- Contact the country’s embassy to inquire about remote application methods
- Create a PDF guide for you that explains how to complete and submit your tourist visa application
Follow these steps to access tourist visa requirements for any country in the world at any moment:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Access the Tourist Visa Guide product
- Provide answers to our chatbot’s questions
With our help, you will be able to submit your tourist visa applications in time and prepare for all of your future vacations in a jiffy!
If you got a taste of Latin America in Brazil and want to discover more, subscribe to DoNotPay to find out whether you need a tourist visa for:
If you want to experience everything Brazil has to offer, but don’t know where to start, check the following table for ideas:
|Tourist Attractions||National Dishes|
Are you too busy to go to Target, Walmart, or photo studios to get your passport photos taken? DoNotPay offers you the possibility of taking them yourself and having them edited without going anywhere!
Here are some other tasks you can complete with ease using DoNotPay:
- Contest parking tickets
- Enroll in various clinical trials
- File insurance and warranty claims
- Request refunds from airline companies
- Locate inmates and write letters to them
- Reduce your property taxes
- Simplify mailing services
- Demand gift card cash back
Interested in a specific service or platform? Make sure to get the best out of your free trial without getting charged and ending up with an unwanted paid membership. Even if you make a mistake, DoNotPay can end your subscription in a few simple steps!
Our system allows you to generate virtual credit card numbers to prevent platforms from getting your real bank details and using them for unauthorized transactions. We also offer burner phone numbers that will help you go through any subscription or verification procedure without disclosing personal details.