Guide to Getting a Bon Ton Credit Limit Increase
Are you interested in a Bon Ton credit limit increase? You may be interested in a BonTon credit limit increase if you believe that your current limit is too low. If you've tried to increase your credit limit, you likely found that getting a credit limit increase isn't the easiest process, depending on the credit card company.
Oftentimes, credit card companies are vague about credit card limit increases. For many people, getting a credit card limit increase feels like it only comes at random. The good news is that it's possible to get a credit limit increase just by requesting it. At DoNotPay, we want to help you get a Bon Ton credit limit increase. We're going to provide you with a guide on how you can successfully get a credit limit increase on your own and why using DoNotPay offers the easiest and fastest solution.
How credit limit increases work
Each credit card you apply for will start with a set amount decided by your credit card company and based on your credit score and report. Some credit limits remain the same, regardless of your payment history with them. But most credit card companies offer credit limit increases to their best customers. Essentially, as you consistently make on-time payments, your credit card issuer will consider you for a limit increase if they see you as a responsible paymaster.
It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the guidelines set by your credit card issuer for credit limit increases as each increase request results in a hard inquiry that will appear on your credit report.
Who can request a higher credit limit?
While each credit card issuer has its own set of guidelines, there are general guidelines you should follow to increase the likelihood of getting a credit limit increase. Those who can request a credit limit increase include:
Positive reputation as a cardholder
Cardholders with a positive reputation include:
- Have no late payments on their account
- Have no over-the-limit purchases
- Pay extra each month
Those with relatively good credit scores
If you plan to request a credit limit increase with your BonTon credit card, you want to have a solid credit history. This means that you should have the following:
- A good and consistent payment history.
- A credit utilization rate of 35% or less.
- Other things that can contribute to your credit score.
Your credit card issuer will assess your income to ensure you can afford your debts.
How to request a higher credit limit with BonTon
Unfortunately, BonTon offers vague information in regards to increasing your credit card limit with them. If you would like to inquire about increasing your credit card limit, they give you the option to call their Customer Care at 1-855-567-7738 where they can assist you with the process over the phone.
BonTon does state that they will need to know your current income status as per federal law so that it can be considered before authorizing a credit limit increase. Additionally, BonTon states that it's best to keep your income information updated as this makes it easier for them to consider your eligibility for any future credit limit increases.
Request a higher limit with DoNotPay
Do you want to request a credit limit increase with BonTon? We know that many credit card issuers can make it difficult for you to get an increase, but getting an increase is certainly possible. DoNotPay is here to help you request a credit limit increase on your BonTon credit card without hassle. DoNotPay is:
- Fast: We can quickly gather the information needed to request your credit limit increase.
- Easy: There's little that you need to do on your end. You can sit in the comfort of your own home while we initiate the process for you.
- Successful: We will ensure that we contact the right parties and send all the appropriate information to get you a credit increase.
Through DoNotPay's Credit Limit Increase product, we'll handle the request for you, and make sure your credit score isn't affected without your permission.
How does it work?
We'll ask you a few questions about your current card, income, employment status, and more, and send a formal request to your credit provider to ask for a limit increase.
Here's how you can get started:
How to request higher credit limits using DoNotPay:
If you want to request higher credit limits but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Credit Limit Increase product on DoNotPay.
- Select which type of card you own and your credit provider.
- Tell us more about your card, such as when you first created this card, your current credit limit, what you would like your new limit to be, your card number, and whether you've missed past payments.
- Tell us more about your current income and expenses and why you would like to request a limit increase.
- Indicate whether you want to allow hard inquiries to be made into your credit history. Upload a copy of your ID and provide your e-signature
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will deliver the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the card provider with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
Getting a credit limit increase doesn't have to be hard. DoNotPay can help you increase your credit limit with these popular banks and cards:
Let DoNotPay do all of the hard work for you. With just a little information, we will help you request an increase with your credit card issuer in just a few easy steps. Sign up today to get started.