Discover if You Are Affected by BMW Recall
Like pretty much every automaker that offers multiple vehicle models over numerous years, BMW has its share of safety recalls. While the company is responsible for notifying affected vehicle owners when there is a recall, these notices can slip through the cracks if you've moved or changed email addresses or if you are not the original owner.
As a responsible driver, you are sure to want to know if you are affected by a . After all, it's for your safety, the safety of your family, and the safety of those sharing the road with you.
But how can you best determine if your particular BMW is subject to a recall or maybe even multiple recalls? You certainly can wade through some websites looking for possible recalls. Cars.com lists 203 National Transportation and Safety Board recalls for BMW vehicles. BMW offers a web page where you can check by your VIN to determine if you have pending recalls. But who will help you if BMW is reluctant to work with you on a potential recall?
DoNotPay also offers a way to search by VIN or by providing the details about your BMW for recalls then will work on your behalf to ensure you receive all the reimbursement or repairs you deserve for any recall.
How Do I Make a Claim for a BMW Recall?
If you are game to handle the issue by yourself, these are the steps you'll need to take:
- Visit the BMW website and search for pending recalls through their VIN search tool. You will need to have your VIN (vehicle identification number) as the website doesn't offer any other search functions.
- If you discover a pending recall, enter your ZIP code to find the nearest BMW Center where the necessary repairs can be made, as repairs can be made only at authorized dealers.
- Contact the dealer to make arrangements for repairs. In our case, the nearest BMW Center was 80 miles away, not too convenient for a service call.
- If the recall is an issue you previously had to address and pay for, you'll have to reach out to BMW about being reimbursed for this previous repair. That likely will become a tedious process, and you might take months to get your money back if you get it at all.
Each of these steps is going to take time away from your business, your family, or your social life. And the less cooperative the dealership is, the more time you will lose addressing a .
Do I Immediately Get a Recall if I Report My BMW?
Whether you get an immediate response to your recall claim will depend largely on the BMW Center located nearest to you. Among the issues that could hamper the process:
|You Bought the BMW From Another Dealer||If you have relocated since buying your BMW, the nearest dealer may not feel obligated to provide prompt service since they were not the selling dealer. Sure, they get reimbursed by BMW, but only for cost, so they don't actually make a profit off recall work.|
|You Are Not the Original Owner||The dealership may require you to jump through several hoops to show you are the proper owner of the vehicle.|
|You Previously Paid for the Needed Repair||You'll need to contact the nearest BMW Center about reimbursement. If the repair was not made by an authorized dealer, they will require an inspection to ensure the repair meets BMW standards. BMW also determines a fair market value for parts and repair costs, plus does not reimburse for associated costs, such as towing and accommodations.|
Did we mention earlier that this could take some time? There is an easier way.
How to Check for Safety Recalls on Your BMW Using DoNotPay 's Car Recall Monitor?
Whether you are the original owner or if you bought your BMW used, you are responsible for ensuring its safe operation. If you have a pending recall and take no action, the liability can shift to you if the flaw causes a crash that results in injury or death.
How the Car Recall Monitor works:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- We'll automatically check against the NHTSA database to see if your vehicle has been involved in any recalls.
- We'll generate a report, summarizing all of the recalls, including the recalled date, NHTSA campaign number, required remediations, and more.
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements for a Recalled BMW Using DoNotPay
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to BMW on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
How to Schedule Car Dealership Appointments to Repair Recalled Vehicles Using DoNotPay?
If your vehicle has been recalled, you're entitled to a free repair! Regardless of whether it's a used or new car, you can use the DoNotPay Car Recall Repair product to schedule an appointment at your local car dealership and get your vehicle repaired.
How the Car Recall Repair product works:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- Tell us about the recall and which part of the vehicle is impacted.
- Enter the car dealership you want to visit or let us contact the closest one near you.
- Enter the ideal date(s) and time(s) you want to schedule your appointment for.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact your local dealership to request an appointment and ask for your vehicle to be repaired for free.
Why Use DoNotPay to Resolve Your BMW Recall
DoNotPay can handle the entire process for you, from checking to see if your BMW has pending recalls, to authorizing the recall work and scheduling the appointment to get it done, or if you've had the repair done, to get your reimbursement. These are the three benefits for you:
- Fast --You don't have to spend hours trying to get your recall completed.
- Easy --You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved
- Successful --You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you
DoNotPay Helps With Hundreds of Recalled Products
Once DoNotPay irons out the issues with your BMW, you'll want to check on other products that are valuable to your family to see if they have pending recalls. If you live in California, we can check for state-specific recalls. Among the other products that might affect you are:
- Philips CPAP
- Neutrogena sunscreen
- Other sunscreens
- Tyson chicken
- Any dog food
- Hot Pockets
DoNotPay takes away hundreds of headaches beyond product recalls. Visit our website to learn more or download the app to get started.