How To Obtain BMW Rebates
Rebates are quite a common way for companies to offer customers discounts on their products. Many customers, however, find that rebates are frustrating and just plain old outright annoying. Rebates come with a special set of rules that the consumer must understand to claim their rebates and ensure that they get the money that they are entitled to in return.
Rebates are so frustrating for many people, Americans leave more than $500 million worth of rebates on the table on an annual basis. That is money that businesses make additional profits from, rather than having to give back to Americans who either don't bother filling out the rebate forms or do so incorrectly, and their rebate form gets tossed aside.
It is a great way to save on more expensive items, especially if you own yourself a BMW. However, claiming your rebates can be a real inconvenience. Car companies don't want to make it easy for you to get these rebates. They hope you just toss it aside, forget about it, and don't make the claim to get the rebates you are entitled to. Moreover, it can take a long time to get your money back. Anywhere between 6 and 8 weeks or a 60-to-90-day wait period will not be uncommon for many rebates.
The following are often some of the "big-ticket items" you might find yourself getting rebates on:
- New cars, tires, and other accessories for your vehicle
- Rebates from different energy providers (especially those that are "green" providers)
- Electronics such as phones, laptops, and more
- Household and other various kitchen appliances
- Amazon purchases
- Food products
Rebates on these items often require several steps to submit your rebate information. Then the waiting game begins, which can last weeks to a few months and can be annoying, frustrating, and sometimes downright aggravating. Luckily, DoNotPay has a complete guide on getting your hands on BMW rebates fast!
What Is a Rebate?
A rebate is a specific amount or percentage of money back that you are entitled to when you purchase certain products during a period where a "rebate" is provided. Usually, you have to mail in a form or fill out some paperwork with some information about what you purchased and you are entitled to get money back on that purchase. You might get your money back as a check, store credit, or a Visa gift card that you can use as cash.
How Does a Rebate Work?
When you get a rebate on an item, you will have to complete a series of steps to ensure that you receive the rebate that you are entitled to based on the purchases that you made. The following are the steps that you will need to take to get your rebate for the items you purchased:
- Fill Out Your Rebate Forms: You will have to fill out the rebate forms that the company sends you to get your money back. Fill out every piece of information completely and truthfully, or you may end up not getting your rebate back at all. Send the information in to get your rebate once you have filled out all sections of the rebate form.
- Remember the Deadline: Oftentimes, you will have to file your rebate within a certain timeframe. Sometimes, you will only have a couple of weeks or a month to redeem your rebate. If you are late, they won't honor your rebate and you will lose your money back.
- Send in Your Rebate Forms: You will have to send in the rebate forms that you have filled out in order to get your rebate. Be sure to read the fine print and follow instructions carefully. One or two simple errors can lead to you not getting the reimbursement that you are expecting from the rebate. Companies are often stingy with their rebates and will not accept rebates that don't follow their directions to a "t".
- Wait For Your Rebate: The most frustrating part of the entire process can be waiting for the rebate to be returned to you. Whether you are getting a check, store credit, or a Visa card with the money on it, you may wait anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months to get your rebate returned to you.
Filling out your forms and sending them in according to the directions can be a real hassle to get the rebates that you are already entitled to. It's even more of a hassle when you have to wait for your money to be returned to you for excessively long periods. If you do one little thing wrong, then you might end up not getting your rebate back for the item you purchased. They may end up returning your form or tossing the form aside altogether and not even giving you the money back.
What Rebates Does BMW Offer?
Rebates by BMW are offered on some of their vehicles. Anyone who is a Trillium Member who either purchases or leases a car in Canada may qualify for a rebate on the purchase they make. Rebates on your vehicle will range anywhere from $500 to $1000, depending on the vehicle you buy and the eligibility of that vehicle. You will need to read the terms and conditions in the fine print to see if your car purchase or lease is eligible for a rebate.
Why Do Companies Offer Rebates?
Many companies offer rebates as a way to incentivize buyers to choose their products or brands over those of others. However, having to mail in forms and wait for an extended time to get your money back is not always the most appealing option to the customer purchasing the item. The following are many reasons why a company will often choose a rebate as a way to get customers to save money.
People Don't Claim Them:
Rebates are often left unclaimed by consumers. They are a hassle to fill out and waiting for the rebate is just as annoying as filling out the forms in the first place. This allows companies to not have to pay the rebates back and allows them to keep the money as more profit than they would make if they gave a flat-out discount.
People Forget to File for Rebates:
Many people will simply forget to file for their rebates. Others may fill out the form but never actually mail it to the company to initiate the rebate process. If the form is late, you may not get a rebate. If it's postmarked incorrectly or otherwise erroneously mailed, you will also likely be denied your rebate.
Rebates Are Often Disguised as Store Credit:
Many of these rebates that you get will come in the form of credit that you have to spend on that store or at that specific company. For example, you may have to buy BMW upgrades or accessories for your car, and you can't use them on whatever you wish to purchase.
They Hope You Mess up Your Rebate Form:
If you fill out the form incorrectly, then they don't have to render the payments to you that you were owed. They can cite your mistake in the paperwork as the reason you were not given the payout you deserve.
Below is a table of some companies and retailers that offer rebates:
In the end, companies use rebates because it works out in their favor for them to be able to try to pay out less money to fewer people. It helps them pocket more money as a bigger profit than they would otherwise make by offering straight discounts to everyone who bought a product.
How Do I Claim My BMW Rebates With DoNotPay?
DoNotPay is here to help you claim the BMW rebates that you deserve. If you have made a qualifying purchase through BMW, all you have to do is submit some basic information to our rebate tool. Once you complete your basic information profile, complete the following 3 simple steps to get your rebate submitted to the company:
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
Once you provide us with this information, DoNotPay will do the rest. We will write a letter to the company demanding that they send you your rebate. You will hear from them within 30 days and get your rebate sent to you via check in the mail.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
We are so glad that you are asking! DoNotPay provides its clients with a variety of ways to save both time and money. Our goal is to help you save time and money that you would otherwise spend on other things so that you can spend it on things you need in your daily life. The following are some ways that we can help you save money on items you use every day:
- Applying for clinical trials
- Suing people and/or companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
- Getting refunds from other companies
Whether you need help reducing your credit card debt or help to cancel old subscriptions or services that you no longer use, DoNotPay is here to help you save money on things you no longer need, so that you can spend that money on things that you do need!