How to Deal with Birkett Long Debt Recovery Easily
If you have long overdue debts, you may be contacted by debt collectors who wish to collect the debt on behalf of your creditor. With the help of , creditors can collect debts that are long overdue through a legal process.
However, the debt collection process can be complicated and frustrating, especially if debtors file a petition against the debt collector. As such, contacting a third party may be the perfect option to ensure that debt collectors follow the legal process when demanding payment. That's when DoNotPay comes in handy to help make the process fast and less complicated.
If you need help with , just sign up to DoNotPay and get a more convenient way to solve your debt issues. Additionally, you can use DoNotPay to solve other issues such as
Here is what you need to know.
Who Is 01268 502458 and Why Are They Calling Me?
Calls from 01268 502458, are coming from Birkett Long, a debt recovery company. You can receive calls from this company for the following reasons:
- To collect payment for a debt that's already overdue
- To validate a debt
- To remind you that you have a debt to pay for
If you have an overdue debt, you may receive endless phone calls or emails trying to remind you that your debt needs to be cleared. These calls can get annoying at times. If you fail to clear the debt, Birkett Long can file a case at the High court and have you appear before the court to explain why you haven't cleared your debt. If you still cannot resolve your case, Birkett Long may try to collect the debt via insolvency litigation.
Because the company is collecting the debt on behalf of the lending institution, the measures employed may be a little tough. Failure to respond to a notice issued by Birkett Long may harm your credit score further because the company may continue demanding payment and consequently display a negative credit score.
Birkett Long Contact Details
If you have an issue and would like to contact Birkett Long, you can contact the company via phone, or email. You can also send an enquiry using the contact form available on the company's website.
Here is the contact info you can use:
|Phone Numbers||01268 502421
|Contact Form||Contact Us|
What Happens If I Don’t Pay My Debt to Birkett Long?
If you fail to provide payment or to verify your debt to Birkett Long within 14 days, the company may take further action. They can choose to do any of the following:
- You can be sued in a court of law. Birkett Long may instruct the high court Enforcement Officers to seize and even sell your property to recover the debt.
- The company can also apply for a court order through a third party to pay the money owed directly from the debtor's account.
- Birkett long may instruct your employer to deduct the debt from your salary and pay off the debt.
How Long Can Debt Collectors Collect Debt from Me?
A debt collector can collect a debt from you for 6 years. The Limitations Act 1980 gives a creditor six years within which they can pursue their debt provided that they haven't made any form of payment. However, you must not have acknowledged your debt to the creditor at all.
Get Debt Help with DoNotPay!
Have you been recently contacted or harassed for months by a debt collection agency? DoNotPay can help you figure out whether the debt collector is compliant with debt collection laws. If you need to solve your issues fast, DoNotPay will make the entire process super easy.
We will guide you through a series of questions to help you determine the most appropriate course of action the same way we can for other complaints such as Provident loans refund, Marston Group Holdings, Lowell Financial, or even Amigo loans refund.
If you feel that your rights have been violated, DoNotPay can also send a demand letter to the debt collectors on your behalf to initiate a legal process. You can also choose to report Birkett Long to a governing body and we'll file the complaint on your behalf.
Here is how to get started:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We'll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the relevant trade association or ombudsman.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you file a complaint against Birkett Long, DoNotPay can also help you solve other debt recovery issues with other different companies including:
- Find unclaimed money
- Sue individuals or companies in small claims court
- Get free trials from different companies
- File a complaint
- Increase your credit limit
Sign up to DoNotPay today!