Stop BHR LLC Debt Collector with the Help of DoNotPay
Do you have outstanding medical debt in your name? If so, you have likely heard from (or may soon hear from) . Receiving a call or letter from a debt collection agency is never good – and some debt collectors (including BHR LLC) can go overboard when trying to collect the debt.
Fortunately, you can stop debt collectors in their tracks. Here is a comprehensive guide on doing that, courtesy of DoNotPay.
What is BHR LLC?
BHR is an acronym for , a limited liability company. BHR LLC is a third-party debt collection agency based in New Hampshire. The company specializes in collecting medical and healthcare-related debts at the request of creditors. Here is an overview of the company's address and contact information:
|Company||Balanced Healthcare Receivables (https://www.bhrllc.com/)|
|Mailing Address||164 Burke Street #201, Nashua, NH 03060|
|Phone Number||(603) 881-9800|
|Email or Contact Formemail@example.com|
Is BHR LLC Legitimate?
Yes, BHR LLC is a legitimate debt collection company. The company has been around for about 13 years and is bound by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. However, any agent claiming to be from HBR LLC should prove their identity.
Your Rights When Dealing with BHR LLC
As mentioned, BHR LLC is bound by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Generally, this federal law prohibits debt collectors from engaging in inappropriate behavior that is abusive (harassment) when collecting debt. Additionally, different states have varying laws regulating debt collection agencies' conduct.
To this end, the collection agency must respect your rights, as stipulated by the law. Your rights when dealing with any debt collection agency include:
- The debt collection agency must provide a written debt validation letter within five days of contacting you.
- The debt collection agency should respond to all debt verification requests and cease all debt collection efforts until the verification process is complete.
- The debt collection agency should communicate with your attorney instead of you (if you have one).
- The debt collection agency should not call you at unusual hours or in inappropriate places.
- The debt collection agency should honor your requests to stop calling you.
- The debt collection agency should not reveal to your contacts (family members, friends, work partners, and other acquaintances) that you owe a debt.
Additionally, as mentioned, different states have legal protections for debtors. As such, it is also advisable to familiarize yourself with your state's laws regarding debt collection practices.
How to Respond to BHR LLC
Has BHR LLC contacted you claiming an outstanding medical debt? Don't worry, here are five tips on how you can respond:
- Verify that the company is legitimate (BHR LLC is legitimate).
- Find out the original creditor's name and other details.
- Find out how much you (allegedly) owe, including additional costs such as interest and debt collection fees.
- Find out the nature of the debt, including what it is for and when you incurred it.
- Verify whether or not you owe the debt (it could be a case of fraud or mistaken identity).
It is always prudent to start by asserting that you don't owe the debt as you try to learn more about the issue. Additionally, it is important not to share any personal or financial information with the debt collection agency until you verify its legitimacy and that you indeed owe the debt.
How to Remove Collections Off Your Credit Report
A debt collection listing on your credit report can remain for at least seven years and lower your overall score. Fortunately, you can have it removed to salvage your credit score. Here are four tips on how to go about it:
As explained, it is advisable to request the collection agency to validate your debt immediately after the initial contact. You can (and should) ask the agency to remove the strike if it cannot validate the debt.
Requesting Goodwill Deletion
A debt collection agency can voluntarily remove the strike on a goodwill basis if you have demonstrated your willingness to pay. Ideally, you should have been making regular payments.
Negotiating a Pay-for-Delete Agreement
A pay-for-delete agreement involves paying off a fraction of the debt in exchange for having the collection strike against you removed. Some agencies may request you to pay as little as 30% of the debt.
Disputing Incorrect Collections
Finally, you can dispute an incorrect debt collection strike per the FDCPA's guidelines. All errors should be reported to a major credit reporting agency. Alternatively, you can use DoNotPay to handle the whole process of stopping debtors and clearing your credit report of any debt collection strikes.
How to Stop a BHR LLC Debt Collector by Yourself
As explained several times before, validation should be the first thing you do when a debt collection agency contacts you for the first time. You can then proceed in one of four ways based on the validation result:
- Paying off the debt.
- Specifying how and when the collection agency should contact you.
- Asking the collection agency to stop contacting you altogether.
- Reporting the collection agency to the CFPB or FTC for unethical debt collection practices.
However, it is advisable to familiarize yourself with all laws and rules before engaging a debt collection agency on your own. Alternatively, you can use DoNotPay's automated services.
Stop a BHR LLC Debt Collector with the Help of DoNotPay
Are you tired of BHR LLC debt collectors harassing you at every turn? DoNotPay can help in three easy and quick steps:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to the CFPB.
And that’s it! Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We’ll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the CFPB so that they’re no longer able to use unfair debt collection practices.
Why Use DoNotPay to Stop a BHR LLC Debt Collector
There are dozens of excellent reasons to use DoNotPay to stop debt collectors in their tracks. However, it all comes down to three:
- Fast- You don’t have to spend too much researching how to hire a lawyer to write that dispute letter or complaint to FDCPA
- Easy- All it takes are three steps and we take care of the rest.
- Successful- You can rest assured that just like the thousands that we have helped we are making the best case for you.
As such, you don't have to worry about collection agencies hounding you for months. Additionally, DoNotPay handles everything and increases the likelihood of prevailing against the collection agency.
What Else Does DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers many services besides stopping debt collection agencies. Some of our related services include:
- Cleaning your credit report
- Increasing your credit limit
- Writing letters appealing for financial aid
- Cancel unwanted subscriptions
- Getting help with unpayable bills
- Claiming missing money
Essentially, DoNotPay offers premier automated services and works across all companies and states. Get in touch today to learn more about our services.