What Everyone Should Know About Belgium Tourist Visa
Are you craving some mouth-watering chocolate and waffles or fresh craft beer? No better way to make your wishes come true than setting off to Belgium! While it’s quite exciting to plan your trip and make a list of all the sights you want to see, administrative issues may cause some complications.
Our guide is here to make your Belgium tourist visa application a piece of cake by providing the essential info and speeding up the process as much as possible. We will also show you the quickest way to check if you have all the required documents by signing up for DoNotPay!
In general, U.S. citizens aren’t required to get a tourist visa for Belgium. This country belongs to the Schengen area, which is famous for being visa-free. The only document you need is a valid passport that has been issued at least three months before the trip.
There are a few exceptions based on travelers’ nationality and general situation. These refer to the internationals residing in the USA who:
- Come from the countries that aren’t under the visa-free regime—including U.S. green card holders/permanent residents
- Come from countries that are under the visa-free regime but who were denied entry to the EU before
These persons must file an application for a Schengen visa. It’s a short-term approval that allows specific travelers to stay in Belgium or any other country in the Schengen area as tourists for up to 90 days.
Here’s what you should prepare to request a Schengen visa:
- Completed Application for Schengen visa—It should be error-free, and you need two signed copies
- U.S. residence permit—It’s necessary for U.S. green card holders or permanent residents. This can be:
- U.S. alien registration card (green card)
- U.S. residence visa
- Whichever document you submit, make sure it has been valid for at least three months before the departure
- Valid passport containing two blank pages
- Passport-like photo not older than three months
- Cover letter stating your reasons for visiting Belgium, the amount of time you want to spend there, and other travel-related details
- Proof of a booked flight
- Proof of accommodation
- Means of Subsistence—It’s a document that confirms you have enough financial assets to support yourself during your trip, such as a bank statement or a letter of sponsorship
- Europe Travel Health Insurance
There are some extra documents you may have to submit depending on your employment status. You will find more details in the table below:
|Unemployed candidates married to U.S. citizens||
The rest of the required steps include:
- Setting an appointment with the appropriate Schengen visa application center
- Showing up for the arranged interview
- Paying the required visa fees
- Waiting for the decision to be made
Visa application expenses may vary depending on the candidate’s age, status, or travel purposes. Check out the applicable fee range in the following table:
|Have to pay||
|Don’t have to pay||
The embassy should inform you about the outcome of your visa application within ten to fifteen business days. During the peak season, this time frame may be slightly extended to 30 days or sometimes even more.
Coming across too much information related to your visa application? No worries—DoNotPay can help!
Here’s what our app can do for you:
- Check whether the country you want to travel to requires tourist visas
- List all the paperwork you must gather to file a valid application
- Get in touch with the embassy to examine the possibility of email applications if you need a visa
- Direct you to the application form—online or in PDF
All you have to do is follow the prompts below:
- Open DoNotPay
- Find the Tourist Visa Guide product
- Verify that you have a valid U.S. passport
- Tell us where you want to travel
Our learning base boasts many useful guides to the visa application procedures for various countries all around the world! If you are interested in visiting other European countries, check out our articles explaining how tourist visas work in:
Whether you need help with preparing for government tests, online faxing, or getting your documents notarized—DoNotPay will be able to help! Whatever problem you’re facing, we’ll turn it into a breeze!
The beauty of our platform is that besides bureaucratic issues, it can also assist you with numerous other struggles! To name a few, we can help you:
- Deal with inconsiderate neighbors
- Claim warranties
- Fight discrimination at your workplace
- Create passport photos
- Keep yourself safe from sex offenders
- Get cash back for gift cards
- Draft a consent letter for your child's travel
- Stay safe from stalking and harassment
- Mail letters hassle-free
- Connect with your locked up loved ones
The list could go on for days!