Do U.S. Citizens Need a Belarus Tourist Visa To Enter the Country?
While Belarus is famous for its sweets, dealing with visa paperwork could leave a bitter taste in your mouth. If you’d like to visit this country, you should check out the Belarus tourist visa requirements first.
DoNotPay is here to help you with our Tourist Visa Guide product. It is an effective tool that puts your mind at ease when traveling to any country.
Sign up for our service to find out everything about Belarus tourist visas and see how we can help you travel stress-free!
Americans enjoy travel benefits when visiting a plethora of countries, including Belarus.
You do not need a Belarus tourist visa if you:
- Have a U.S. passport that remains valid three months after leaving Belarus
- Plan on staying in the country for up to 30 days
- Enter Belarus through the Minsk International Airport
- Arrive and depart from any country other than the Russian Federation
- Prove that you have enough funds for your stay (25€ a day) in the form of cash, traveler’s checks, or credit cards
- Register your stay with the local migrations office if you’re staying in the country for more than five business days
- Prove that you are insured for over 10,000€ for the duration of your stay
Overstaying in Belarus without a permit may result in:
- A prohibition from entering the country
- A fine of up to 550€
Note that U.S. citizens holding an official or diplomatic passport are not exempt from needing a visa—they’re required to have a diplomatic visa to enter Belarus.
If you’re staying in Belarus for longer than five days, you have to abide by certain registration rules and respect various COVID-19 measures:
|Foreigner Registration Rules||COVID-19 Measures|
For more information about the coronavirus measures, contact your airline ahead of departure.
The best time to visit Belarus is during the summer (in July or August) when the temperature is around 70°F. The winters are harsh, so avoid traveling to Belarus then.
Some of the best activities for first-time travelers are:
- Exploring museums—The must-see museums in Belarus include the Belarusian State Art Museum, the Stalin Line Museum, and the Dudutki Ethnological Museum Complex
- Kayaking—This activity is available at Isloch, Saryanka, and Stracha rivers that are close to Minsk, but note that kayaking there is not recommended for the inexperienced
- Visiting the historic castles and fortresses—Mir Castle, Brest Fortress, Nesvizh Castle, Hrodna’s Old Castle all used to be inhabited by royalty from Lithuania and Poland and have well-preserved architecture
- Exploring the Pripyatsky National Park—Also known as the Lungs of Europe, the park is perfect for boat tours, hiking, and fishing
- Visiting Grodno—This city has various attractions, including a fantastic Archeology Museum, a historic castle, and the Kalozha Church (which dates back to the 12th century)
Traveling to Belarus is a treat, but you might want to see the wonders of Russia, Ukraine, Poland, and other neighboring countries. With DoNotPay’s help, you won’t have to spend ages researching visa requirements, and you can focus on the fun parts of your Euro trip instead.
Refer to the table below for visa guides on specific destinations:
Getting your hands on a visa is a challenging, multi-step process that takes effort and hours of research. DoNotPay trims down the process effectively by checking whether you need a visa for your destination in the first place. If that’s the case, we help you further by:
- Contacting the designated embassy for you
- Getting you first-hand information on the visa application process
- Providing a visa application link if the country has an online visa portal
- Preparing a PDF file with instructions on the visa application
Our assistance is only four steps away if you follow the prompts:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Select the Tourist Visa Guide feature
- Enter your U.S. passport info
- Choose a destination country
We’ll get back to you with answers within minutes!
To simplify confusing bureaucratic procedures, we developed a number of features you may find super useful. Sign up for our app and let us assist you in:
- Applying for various clinical trials in your vicinity
- Putting an end to annoying text and email spam
- Getting a temporary phone number to sign up for any service securely
- Creating demand letters to send to your annoying neighbors
- Preparing for government tests efficiently
- Applying for college fee waivers with no stress
- Creating various legal documents
- Getting important documents notarized without visiting a notary public in person
- Joining any giveaway or sweepstake
- Creating passport photos in a flash
Assisting you with bureaucratic tasks is only a fragment of what DoNotPay can do—we have a lot more nifty features to offer! We can show you how to:
- Find any unclaimed money under your name
- Request a refund from a company
- Cancel unwanted subscriptions
- Cash your unused gift card funds
- Lower your bills
- Request late delivery refunds