Learn the Ins and Outs of Beauty School Scholarships
The increased focus on aesthetics has created a higher demand for cosmetologists and beauticians. Having a certificate or a degree from an accredited program has become a common job requirement, so more people attend beauty schools for hands-on training.
What can present an obstacle on your path to education is the cost, which, on average, ranges from $3,000 to $10,000—depending on the school, program, and location.
If you want to perfect your beauty and cosmetology skills, use the opportunity to finance your education with beauty school scholarships. Getting financial aid can cut down your expenses significantly or reduce them down to zero.
Find all you need to know to discover and apply for financial help in our guide.
Depending on the type of school you wish to attend and the niche you are interested in, you can look into the following scholarships categories:
- Beauty schools scholarships
- Cosmetologists scholarships
- Barber school scholarships
- Esthetician scholarship
- Hair school scholarships
- Makeup school scholarships
- Other scholarships
Beauty schools are technical schools that prepare students for providing hair and skincare services. If you enroll in such a program, the focus will be on gaining skills through hands-on training. You will get a certificate or a diploma once you finish your courses.
If you want to attend a beauty school, you can consider the following notable scholarships:
- Beauty Changes Lives Scholarships
- Empire National Educator Scholarship.
- Beauty & Wellness Professionals Scholarship
Cosmetology schools offer a more advanced education with full-length courses covering hair, makeup, nails, and skincare topics. Students are also often taught about marketing and business so they can open their own salons once they complete the courses.
If you want to become a cosmetologist, look into these financial aid programs:
- Beauty Schools Directory $2,500 Cosmetology Scholarship
- Rosy Salon Software Cosmetology Scholarship
- The Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship Foundation
Is your goal to go to a school for estheticians? Here are a few scholarships that will help you achieve it:
- European Wax Center & Beauty Changes Lives
- Health and Beauty Esthetics Scholarship
- National Coalition of Estheticians Association (NCEA) Scholarship
Some of the best scholarships open for barber students are:
- Alice Madden Barton Scholarship Program
- Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship Foundation
- Keller Cosmetology Scholarship
Students who want to attend a beauty or cosmetology school with a focus on hairstyling can be eligible for different aid programs, such as:
- The Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship Foundation
- Oregon Barbers and Hairdressers Grant Program
- Great Clips Great Scholarship Program
Do you wish to attend a school that will allow you to pursue a career as a makeup artist? In that case, these scholarships can help you pay for your education:
- Ve Neill Legends of Makeup Scholarship
- Dick Smith Legends of Makeup Scholarship
- Minerva Beauty Scholarship
You should look beyond scholarships for future cosmetologists and beauticians. There are numerous unique categories you might fall under—including:
|Women||Women over 40||Transgender|
|Black women||Moms||Children of single parents|
|Minorities||Teenage moms||International students|
Where can you find all the scholarship programs you can apply for? The information is scattered all around, so you need to make an effort to collect it. You can start with:
- Contacting beauty associations in your state
- Checking with the school you plan to attend if they have any aid opportunities
- Performing an internet search
Are you looking for the easiest way of surfacing all scholarships you qualify for? Create a DoNotPay account, and we’ll handle the research. In a few minutes, you can get a tailored list of grants and scholarships based on your requirements.
The procedure for each scholarship depends on the sponsor. Some general tips for a successful application are:
- Read the requirements for every program with care
- Start writing scholarship essays and collecting letters of recommendation early on—if they are requested
- Check if you need to complete an online form on the sponsor’s website
Besides having a passion for a certain field in the beauty industry, you might also need to satisfy other criteria, such as:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Provide proof of acceptance or enrollment in a beauty or cosmetology school
- Enroll in a program that the specific scholarship supports
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Show academic excellence
DoNotPay can find every aid type you are eligible for and boost your chances of minimizing education expenses. We will take the research part off your plate—you only need to:
- Open your DoNotPay account
- Navigate to the Apply for Scholarships product
- Answer our chatbot’s questions
That’s it! In less than two minutes, you’ll be revising your custom-made list of scholarships. You can also use the app to apply for no-essay scholarships you qualify for in a few clicks.
Who knows where the road to education may take you—but DoNotPay will always be there to help. Whether you are a high school senior or veteran who wants a college or graduate school scholarship, our nifty app will find the solution to your financial woes.
Forget about getting frustrated and overwhelmed by the administrative tasks waiting for you to complete them! With DoNotPay’s numerous tools, you can easily resolve such tasks in a heartbeat! All you need to do is sign up for our app, and you’ll be able to:
Are pesky robocalls and email spammers working your last nerve? Don’t despair—we are happy to help you get rid of them! In a few clicks, you can also stop text spam and avoid the incessant phone buzzing!