How to Stay in Touch With a Prisoner at FCI Bastrop
Prisons aren't meant to be comfortable. In fact, the point is to punish people for breaking the law by putting them inside uncomfortable facilities. It's difficult both physically and mentally. Being away from family and friends makes being incarcerated adds additional stress and emotional anguish. A simple phone call can help maintain important bonds and relieve loneliness and worry. But, it's not easy to stay in contact with a prisoner in a federal facility like FCI Bastrop. In fact, it's quite difficult.
When attempting to communicate with a prisoner at FCI Bastrop, you have to follow very specific rules. If you or the individual you're in contact with breaks any of those rules, there will be consequences. If you feel as though you understand the rules, you can attempt to connect with an inmate on your own. If you're unsure, let DoNotPay help you get in touch without getting in any trouble.
Where Is FCI Bastrop Located?
Located in Bastrop County, FCI Bastrop is a low security federal correctional institution that has an adjacent minimum security satellite camp. Combined, the two facilities house just over 1,000 male offenders, with 90% of them residing at the FCI.
|Physical Address||1341 Highway 95 North
Bastrop, TX 78602
How to Contact Inmates at FCI Bastrop
If you have a loved one who's an inmate at Bastrop FCI, you have a few options for how you can stay in contact with them. For example, you may be able to visit in person, speak over the phone, send snail mail, or even send packages. You'll need to follow the prison rules, including:
Visitations at FCI Bastrop
Visitation hours are Saturdays, Sundays, and Fridays from 8 am to 3 pm. Inmates are also allowed to have someone visit on federal holidays from 8 am to 3 pm. You must arrive before 2:15 pm to be processed for visitation that day. (Check with the prison for recent information regarding visitations due to COVID-19). The physical address is:
Bastrop Federal Correctional Institution
1341 Highway 95 North
Bastrop, TX 78602
Call an Inmate at FCI Bastrop
The fact of the matter is, you can't actually call an inmate. You have to remember that they're only able to speak on the phone when they're told they can, not when you decide you want to talk. Inmates have to make outgoing calls using funds from their accounts. Call times are limited, and the prisoner's account balance determines the length of time he can talk.
Send Mail to an FCI Bastrop Inmate
Inmates are encouraged to write to family, friends, and other community members. Likewise, if you have a loved one housed in prison, you're welcome to write letters to an inmate. Do know that letters received by an inmate are subject to physical search for contraband. In addition, your letters will be read and your words evaluated. Address mail to an inmate in the following manner:
Inmate Name & Registration Number
Federal Correctional Institution
P.O. BOX 1010
Bastrop, TX 78602
Send Money to FCI Bastrop Inmate
It's natural to want to help your incarcerated loved one by sending money. But, don't stuff dollar bills into an envelope and mail them to prison. Your inmate won't receive money. In fact, cash is considered contraband, and you could end up getting yourself and the inmate in trouble. Instead, you can provide financial assistance to an inmate at FCI by depositing money into their commissary account using:
- Western Union
- Money Order (Via USPS)
Include the prisoner's name and registration number to ensure proper credit to their account.
Send Packages to FCI Bastrop Inmates
It would be nice to send your loved one some things from home to make their stay in prison a little more comfortable. But, you're not allowed to send packages from home. In fact, the only time a prisoner is allowed to receive anything is when they get approved medical devices and the clothes they'll wear upon release.
Steps to Take Before Calling or Writing to a Prisoner
The last thing you want to do is run into trouble because you made a mistake when communicating with a prisoner at FCI Bastrop. If you want to connect with an inmate without worry, just use DoNotPay.
- Before you decide to accept inmate phone calls, you should know where they are located. Interstate phone calls can be much more expensive than intrastate ones. In case you are not sure how to find an inmate, DoNotPay can assist you. Our app has introduced a phenomenal product—Connect With an Inmate—that can locate any inmate for you regardless of what correctional facility in the U.S. they are in. To give it a go, open a DoNotPay account in your web browser and:
- Select ‘Locate Someone’ in the Connect With an Inmate tab
- Provide the inmate's name and the state they are in.
- Submit the request.
DoNotPay will give you the current location of the incarcerated individual within seconds.
It Can Be Difficult to Connect With a Loved One in FCI Bastrop
If you've never dealt with the federal prison system before, you may not realize how difficult it can be to get in touch with an inmate. If you don't have the correct information, such as the prisoner's legal name, date of birth, and registration number, you may not get a chance to contact them at all. It's frustrating and scary, to say the least.
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
If you're trying to get in touch with a loved one who's locked up at Bastrop FCI, don't get stressed. It can be a real pain, and if you make a mistake, your opportunity will slip away. Instead of risking that kind of trauma and drama, rely on DoNotPay to get you in touch with the one you love.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
Not sure exactly where your friend is locked up? DoNotPay can help you find them fast. Ready to send personalized letters? DoNotPay has you covered. Set up your virtual mailbox today with DoNotPay.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do more than just connect you with an inmate in prison. It is a powerful tool that can help you do an incredible number of things, including:
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
But, this is just a shortlist of the many many things that DoNotPay can do for you. Visit DoNotPay today for a complete list of all the ways that DoNotPay can help you and your loved ones.