A Complete Guide to the Barbados Tourist Visa
If you’re eager to explore the tropical country that invented rum, you should first become acquainted with the paperwork that will enable you to do so.
DoNotPay explains whether a Barbados tourist visa is necessary to enter the country and what the other entry requirements entail!
No, U.S. citizens don’t need a tourist visa to visit Barbados. All you need to enter the country is a valid U.S. passport with one blank page and proof of the estimated departure date, for example, a return ticket. You can stay without a tourist visa in Barbados for up to six months.
To enter Barbados, you have to abide by the following restrictions:
- Entrances are permitted only to tourists who show a
- Negative PCR test that was taken no later than three days before arrival
- Proof of recovery within 90 days that preceded the arrival date
- You’re required to wear a mask in all public spaces in Barbados
- Beaches are open from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day
At the time of writing this article, rapid testing for tourists after arriving in Barbados costs about $50 in public facilities, while getting tested at a private facility requires you to spend up to $300.
As the situation regarding the pandemic is constantly evolving, you should check the COVID-19 Information page on the Barbadian Embassy’s website.
Even though it’s a tropical paradise and a country people visit to relax, you can face immense penalties if you break the following local laws:
- People are not allowed to wear clothes or carry objects featuring a camouflage pattern. This law applies even to children
- LGBTI relations are illegal in Barbados. Although the law is not always applied in practice, getting caught involving in LGTBI relations can get you a life sentence
- Topless bathing on public beaches is prohibited in Barbados
Other precautions you should take to ensure a safe and stress-free vacation are:
- Bring mosquito repellent with you, and don’t forget to put it on. Mosquitoes can infect you with the Zika, dengue, and chikungunya viruses
- The following areas can be unsafe to reside in because of frequent crime, so you should try to avoid them:
- Crab Hill
- Wellington Streets
The Barbadian diplomatic missions can assist you in your preparations for your trip to Barbados, and you can contact them using the information from the table below:
|Diplomatic Mission||Phone Number|
|Embassy of Barbados in Washington DCemail@example.com|
|Consulate of Barbados in Chicagofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Consulate General of Barbados in Miamiemail@example.com|
|Barbadian Honorary Consulate in San Franciscofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Consulate of Barbados in Atlantaemail@example.com|
|Barbadian Consulate General in New Yorkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Barbadian Honorary Consulate in Houston||
Even though Barbados does not require you to apply for a tourist visa, the next time you choose a destination country, you might not be free from the bureaucratic hurdles that come along with it. You shouldn’t skip a destination because of its exasperating tourist visa application process because DoNotPay can help you nail it in no time!
Our app will:
- Walk you through the necessary paperwork
- Offer you a direct link to the online application, if the country offers one
- Contact the country’s embassy to inquire about remote application options
- Create a step-by-step guide for you in case you have to apply the traditional way
You can enjoy your vacation to the fullest, and you never have to worry about paperwork again if you:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Access our Tourist Visa Guide product
- Tell us whether you hold a U.S. passport
- Enter your next destination
If you loved your stay in Barbados, you will be thrilled when you visit another Caribbean country without having to struggle with the tourist visa application process! Subscribe to DoNotPay and find out what you need to enter the following countries with no fuss:
Don’t be deceived by the country’s small surface area. This tropical paradise island is filled with places to explore, and we hand-picked some for you to check out:
|Beaches||Gardens and Parks||Restaurants|
Are you too busy to go to Target, Walmart, or photo studios to get your passport photos taken? DoNotPay offers you the possibility of taking them yourself and having them edited without going anywhere!
Here are some other tasks you can complete with ease using DoNotPay:
- Contest parking tickets
- Enroll in various clinical trials
- File insurance and warranty claims
- Request refunds from airline companies
- Locate inmates and write letters to them
- Reduce your property taxes
- Simplify mailing services
- Demand gift card cash back
Interested in a specific service or platform? Make sure to get the best out of your free trial without getting charged and ending up with an unwanted paid membership. Even if you make a mistake, DoNotPay can end your subscription in a few simple steps!
Our system allows you to generate virtual credit card numbers to prevent platforms from getting your real bank details and using them for unauthorized transactions. We also offer burner phone numbers that will help you go through any subscription or verification procedure without disclosing personal details.