Bangladesh Tourist Visa—How Can You Get It?
Visiting Bangladesh is all about checking out the stunning nature, lovely beaches, and special cultural places. If you want to have the time of your life on this journey, you must get informed about the visa policy on time to ensure a smooth entry to the country.
Finding the correct and updated information may be challenging. For this reason, we prepared an A-to-Z guide to filing your Bangladesh tourist visa application with no bother! Use DoNotPay to breeze through the process and learn all about the requirements you must meet to visit the country with zero worries.
Yes, all travelers from the USA must have a valid tourist visa when entering Bangladesh. Depending on your needs and possibilities, you can opt for:
- Single-entry visa—It remains valid for six months. You can enter the country only once and stay for up to three months
- Double-entry visa—It allows you to visit Bangladesh twice in six to 12 months without exceeding the maximum stay period of three months
- Multiple-entry visa—You can visit the country multiple times within six to 12 months, but a single stay shouldn’t exceed three months
Even though U.S. citizens can request a 30-day visa on arrival, this isn’t recommendable since there’s no guarantee that you will get one. The decision is at the sole discretion of the immigration officers at the customs. For this reason, you should submit a visa application in advance—ideally several weeks before the intended trip.
Before applying for your Bangladesh tourist visa, you should comply with all the proposed criteria and have the required documents. Below is the full list of items you should add to your visa to-do list:
- Have a passport with the remaining validity of at least 180 days beyond your intended stay period in Bangladesh
- Make a photocopy of the bio-data page of your passport
- Provide two empty visa pages of the passport for entry/exit stamps
- Have a color passport-size photo (2 x 2”) taken or use one that was taken in the past six months—It should be glued to your application form or uploaded along with other documents if you are requesting a visa online
- Prepare one of the following:
- Travel itinerary
- Hotel reservation or evidence of booked accommodation
- Letter of invitation from your host—if you were invited to Bangladesh by a friend, family, or any other person
- Have evidence of sufficient financial liquidity
- Pay the required visa application fees with a money order or an official or a cashier check—Other payment methods, such as cash or a personal check, aren’t accepted
- Provide evidence of not being affected by COVID-19 in the form of:
- Vaccination certificate
- Health certificate from a certified clinic/doctor
- Negative COVID-19 test conducted within the past 72 hours
Regardless of the in-advance visa type you choose, the fee you must pay before applying is $160.00. A visa upon arrival costs from $15.00 to $30.00.
The following table shows all the possible ways to file a Bangladesh visa application:
The Embassy of Bangladesh in Washington, DC
3510 International Drive NW
Washington, DC 20008
You can also mail it to the Consulate in New York:
Consulate General of Bangladesh in New York
34-18 Northern Boulevard, Ground Floor
Long Island City, New York, NY 11101
Applying for a tourist visa requires a lot of hard work, especially if you don’t know whether the information you have is updated and accurate. Luckily, DoNotPay can walk you through the whole procedure without a hitch and help you avoid hours and hours of searching for the right instructions!
Our app can:
- Scan the desired country’s visa policy and tell you whether you need a tourist visa for your visit
- Offer you the ultimate list of documents you must collect and submit with your application
- Contact the embassy to check for the easiest way you can send your application without traveling
- Send you an appropriate online or PDF application form, saving you from ending up on the wrong websites and becoming a victim of scammers
The process is a breeze—all you have to do is complete a few easy steps listed below:
- Access DoNotPay and sign in to your account
- Select Tourist Visa Guide
- Verify that you possess a U.S. passport or are a U.S. citizen
- Type in the name of the desired country
Not done with Asian destinations yet? Let us guide you through tourist visa application processes for any other country in the same area, including:
A wide range of handy features DoNotPay offers can assist you in resolving administrative issues without breaking a sweat! Our app provides the easiest way to:
- Appeal parking tickets in any U.S. state
- Submit a property tax assessment appeal
- File a FOIA request
- Have your documents notarized from the comfort of your home
- Draft a child travel consent form with minimum effort
- Compose power of attorney documents
- Submit anonymous HR complaints
- File financial aid appeals
Shopping is fun, but retailing companies can sometimes be difficult to negotiate with, especially when things go wrong. With DoNotPay, you can reach their customer service without spending hours on hold and get a refund fuss-free! Should the merchant refuse to collaborate, we can help you get justice by suing them in small claims court.
If you want to check whether you have any unclaimed money in old bank accounts, using DoNotPay is the easiest way to do it!