How to Apply for Baldwin County Building Permits
Many home improvement projects can't begin until a permit is obtained. Plans like roof installation, a new fence, or repairs to your plumbing all require , and the process can take a while to complete. If you're ready to start your next home improvement project, the last thing you want to worry about is extra paperwork.
Luckily, DoNotPay, the internet's first robot lawyer, can take care of the permit, so you can get started on the hands-on work.
When Is a Building Permit Necessary in Baldwin County?
According to the Building Department, Baldwin County requires building permits for the following home improvement projects:
- Buildings (New Construction, Additions, Alterations, and Repairs)
- Exterior Doors and Windows
- Storage Buildings
- Accessory Structures
- Roof Repairs
- Solar Panels
- Modular/Mobile Home Installation
In order to obtain a permit for each of these projects, you'll need to fill out and submit a separate application. Once you've received your permit, you'll be able to start working.
How to Apply for Baldwin County, Al Building Permits
Applying for a permit can be a tedious process, especially when you're ready to get to work! In Baldwin County, you'll need to apply for a permit for most home improvement projects, or you could face hefty fines.
What Does the Process Look Like for Getting a Permit?
To obtain a , you'll need to gather all of the necessary documents and submit them along with an application. If you need more than one permit, you'll need to follow these steps for each individual project.
- View all of the checklists and permit requirements for the permit you're wishing to obtain.
- Gather the required documents needed for your specific permit.
- Watch the online instructional video that pertains to your specific permit.
- Apply online through the Building Department's Citizenserve Portal.
- Schedule a final inspection for when your project is complete.
Because this process can be so tedious and frustrating, the Building Department has included a number of instructional videos on its website. Furthermore, several checklists are included, since you'll need to gather so many different documents to complete your application. If you've got questions, you can contact the Building Department's office during business hours.
Once you've submitted all the necessary paperwork and you've clicked through the online application, your permit will need to be approved. This can take 24 to 48 hours for an electrical, mechanical, plumbing, or roofing permit. All other permits will take 7 to 10 days to be approved.
What Are the Required Documents and Fees for Obtaining a Permit?
The Building Department's website has a series of checklists that you can use to gather the documents you need. Each permit will require different paperwork, so it's important to read over the right checklist for your particular project. For example, the roofing checklist lists these specific instructions:
- Take photos of the nail pattern.
- Take photos of the joint seal.
- Upload the photos to your permit application.
Every construction plan for a residential project must be signed and stamped by an Alabama licensed architect or an engineer.
Along with the extensive application process, you'll need to pay a permit fee for it to be approved. Baldwin County building permits can range in price from $25 to $100, depending on the permit you're applying for.
Let DoNotPay Handle Your Baldwin County Building Permits
If the process of applying for Baldwin County building permits sounds like a hassle, DoNotPay can help. You don't need to waste time going over checklists and filling out paperwork when you've got home improvement projects to start. Let DoNotPay handle your Baldwin County Building Permits so you can get to work.
How to apply for a building permit easily without a hassle in Balwin County with DoNotPay:
If you want to apply for a building permit easily without a hassle in Baldwin County but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
DoNotPay Makes it Easy to Get Baldwin County Building Permits
With help from DoNotPay, you'll have your Baldwin County building permits in no time.
|It’s Fast||With DoNotPay, you can avoid lengthy checklists, online portals, and passwords.|
|It’s Easy||Let DoNotPay take care of the application process for you so everything runs smoothly.|
|It’s Successful||DoNotPay will ensure that you'll have a permit in hand so you can start your project quickly.|
DoNotPay Can Help With All Kinds of Building Permits
DoNotPay can guide you through the permit application process in a variety of locations across the country. Some of them include:
- Palm Beach Building Permits
- Los Angeles Building Permits
- Chicago Building Permits
- Sarasota County Building Permits
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers a variety of services that make life easier for you. Here are a few to check out:
Let DoNotPay deal with the monotonous work, so you can get started on your next home project. Check out what the world's first robot lawyer can do to make your life easier.