How to Apply for a Bakersfield Building Permit
Building permits are a necessary first step in any major residential construction project or renovation. In most cases, a will be required to comply with local and state building codes. You can get a building permit and other necessary permits for your project by applying for your permit through the city of Bakersfield.
Once you have applied for your Bakersfield building permit, you will have to wait for your application to be processed and approved before your project can begin. If you need assistance with filling out your building permit application, DoNotPay can help you get the job done.
When Do You Need to Get a Building Permit in Bakersfield?
Building permits are necessary for a wide range of building projects. If you are working on new residential construction, a permit will be required. Many renovation projects of existing properties will also be subject to a building permit to comply with city and state building codes. Building permits are also required for many outdoor projects such as:
- Swimming pools
- Retaining walls
- Air conditioners
- Fences (in some cases)
How to Get a Building Permit in Bakersfield
When you want to do many types of building projects on a property, it may be necessary to acquire a . Not all projects will require a building permit, but if it does, you can apply for one that covers your specific building project.
Apply for a Building Permit Through the City's Website
Bakersfield provides residents and builders the ability to apply for a building permit through the city's website. To get a building permit you must:
- Fill out the building permit application for your project
- Pay the fee associated with the specific building permit or permits you may need
- Track the status of your application on the city's website
Consider Additional Permits and Fees Needed
Not every building or renovation project will be covered with a general building permit. If your project needs special permissions, inspections, or environmental compliance, you will have to file additional paperwork and pay additional fees to make sure your project is fully compliant with city and state building codes.
What Fees Are Associated With a Building Permit?
Fees for building permits in Bakersfield can vary depending on the specific type of permit you need and any additional permits or inspections that need to be completed during or after construction is completed. It is a $55 fee for a general building permit, with an additional $55 charge if an inspector cannot access the property the first time.
Additional fees may be incurred if you need to acquire additional permits for work, such as a $265 fee if your project requires construction or temporary removal of portions of the sidewalk or road in front of the property. Additional inspections to make the project compliant with California building codes may also incur fees.
How to Get a Bakersfield Building Permit With the Help of DoNotPay
When you are ready to get a building permit in Bakersfield for your next project, DoNotPay has you covered. With a few simple steps, you can get the permit process started.
How to apply for a Building Permit without a hassle in Bakersfield using DoNotPay:
If you want to apply for a Building Permit without a hassle in Bakersfield but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Bakersfield, CA Building Permit
DoNotPay is a great solution for those who want to get a building permit in Bakersfield or other cities across the country. DoNotPay helps you not only determine whether your project will need a building permit, but also get any permissions, complete applications, and any other step you may need to take to get your building permit from the city. It simplifies the process so you can focus on other aspects of your building project.
|It’s Fast||You don’t have to spend hours trying to get a building permit.|
|It’s Easy||You don’t have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in getting a permit.|
|It’s Successful||You can rest assured knowing we’ll make the best case for you.|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you get building permits in other places too like in:
- Palm Beach County
- Los Angeles
- Sarasota County
- And many more!
DoNotPay can also help you with a variety of common tasks that you need to complete. Some of these tasks include:
- Getting documents notarized
- Getting standard legal documents created
- Helping with property taxes
- Filing necessary insurance claims
DoNotPay can help you complete these and a variety of other day-to-day tasks quickly and easily.