Remove AWL Collections Off Your Credit Report and Boost Your Score
Do you have trouble getting approved for loans or other financial products because of your bad credit history with the American Web Loan, AWL? Or perhaps you're pursuing a cash payment from an AWL settlement, loan cancellation, or both?
Whichever the case, it's overly critical to from your credit report and see your credit score skyrocket by 30+ points. But the big question is, how? This blog provides a comprehensive understanding of how to resolve a negative AWL credit report by following specific steps that may be labor-intensive and cumbersome when you do it on your own. We'll also show you how DoNotPay can quickly, accurately, and more conveniently take care of the problem. So let's get started.
What is American Web Loan?
is an Oklahoma-based lending entity that offers various loan products to qualified applicants. If you take out an AWL loan and become delinquent on the account, you may see the lender listed on your credit report as a collections account.
What Should I Look For On My Credit Report?
Essentially, the credit report should contain the following information:
- Date of collection
- Date of the original invoice
- Account information
- Amount of debt
- Original creditor name
- Address where the original creditor sent correspondence
What is a Debt Validation Letter?
A debt validation letter will help validate the amount owed on your AWL collection account. The letter will prove that the company has legal standing to collect the money due. It will also include a statement explaining why they believe you owe them money. The letter must be sent within five days of the first contact.
You have rights under the FDCPA to demand for debt validation and ensure that the debt owed is yours and not someone elese.
The Federal Trade Commission enforces the FDCPA and can breached through:
|Address||Federal Trade Commission
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580
|Phone Number||(202) 326-2222|
How To Dispute An American Web Loan Debt On Your Own
The first step in resolving an on your credit report is to send a dispute letter to the reporting agency. A dispute letter is a request to remove the item from your credit report. You can find instructions below on how to submit a dispute letter to each of the three major credit bureaus.
Disputing With Experian
Experian is one of the largest credit reporting agencies in the U.S., so if you want to remove an American Web Loan collection from your credit report, you need to start here. The process is pretty simple:
- First, log into your Experian online account.
- Click on "My Account" at the top right corner of the page.
- Next, select "Report Issues."
- Finally, choose "Credit Reports" under "Your Accounts."
Once you've done that:
- Scroll down until you reach the section titled "Collection Items."
- Click "Add New Item," then fill out the form.
- Choose "Other" as the type of item, then enter "American Web Loan" as the description.
- Lastly, enter the date of collection and the amount of the debt.
- Make sure you have all of this information correct before clicking "Submit."
Disputing With TransUnion
TransUnion is another large credit reporting agency. Their website is similar to Experian's, but there are some differences. First, you'll need to,
- Create an account with TransUnion.
- After logging in, go to "My Account" in the top right corner.
- Select "Reports & Services" under "Your Information." F
- Finally, select "Collections" under "Your Accounts" and follow the same steps as above.
Disputing With Equifax
Equifax is the third-largest credit reporting agency in the United States. They're relatively easy to navigate through their website. Log in using your username and password. Once logged in,
- Select "My Info" at the top left corner of the screen
- Scroll down until you get to "Your Reports."
- Click "View or Edit" next to "Collections."
- Finally, fill out the form and select "Debtors" as the type of items.
- Enter "American Web Loan" for the description.
Be sure to check off the box indicating you agree to receive future communications from Equifax regarding collections.
DoNotPay Is the Perfect Solution to Clean Up Your Credit Report Faster and More Conveniently
If you don't want to go through the long and burdensome process of disputing with the credit reporting agencies yourself, DoNotPay is here to help. Our automated systems are designed to help you from your credit report and improve your score in just a few clicks. You only need to complete these three simple steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping with AWS settlement, DoNotPay can also provide speedy and valuable assistance with the following services:
- Help with bills
- Removing inquiries from your credit report
- Financial aid appeal letters
- Drafting a debt validation letter
- Removing late payments from credit report
- Canceling any service or subscription
- Fixing your credit score
So there you have it, If you'd like to save time and money disputing and cleaning up your AWL settlement credit report, we invite you to sign up to DoNotPay today!