Save These Atorvastatin Coupons That Actually Work
Atorvastatin is a prescription-only statin drug, which most people know as Lipitor. Its price varies a great deal, so using the best Atorvastatin coupon available will have a huge impact on your out-of-pocket costs.
DoNotPay provides many prescription discount drug programs to keep your costs down as well as helping you know where you can get your prescription filled more cheaply.
Prices often vary because atorvastatin comes in 4 different strengths, different brand names, and generic forms. When you want a discount on any prescription drug, not just atorvastatin, it pays to know-how.
Finding the best price for the version your doctor prescribes can be complex and time-consuming. Not finding the best coupon or discount card is, therefore, more costly. DoNotPay can solve those problems for you.
What is Atorvastatin?
Atorvastatin belongs to a group of medicines called statins. The more technical term is HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. Atorvastatin:
- Lowers high blood cholesterol.
- Can help prevent heart disease, heart attacks, and stroke.
- Is also prescribed to people who have a family history of heart disease, or long-term health conditions such as Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, or rheumatoid arthritis.
It works by lowering the amount of LDL cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) which is sometimes called "bad cholesterol." It also lowers the number of triglycerides in the blood. Atorvastatin should also increase the amount of "good cholesterol" (high-density lipoprotein, or HDL.)
Children between 10 and 17 may be prescribed atorvastatin if their family members suffer from an inherited condition that prevents cholesterol from being removed naturally from the body. This condition is known by the medical term, heterozygous hypercholesterolemia.
When cholesterol and fats build up in the walls of arteries (called atherosclerosis) it slows blood flow and so less oxygen is supplied to your brain, heart, and other organs.
How Much Does Atorvastatin Cost?
A month's supply of atorvastatin 10 mg costs, on average, $124.12. Some insurance providers charge more and may require a higher co-pay than someone using an atorvastatin discount card or coupon. Different pharmacies also have different prices.
It is prescribed in different strengths:
Your doctor may prescribe it one month at a time (30 tablets) or you may receive a three-month prescription (90 tablets.) It is common for doctors to choose the brand name to be prescribed or to allow your pharmacist to provide a generic.
Your insurance provider may set a retail price and the amount of co-pay needed. Together these factors all affect the price.
Atorvastatin Coupons and Discounts
Some pharmacies, such as Kroger and CVS Pharmacy have their own discounted prescription clubs. Others may not. In the USA, you must have a prescription to obtain atorvastatin, either from a pharmacy or an online provider.
Which Pharmacies Offer Atorvastatin Discount Coupons?
The following pharmacies will accept discount coupons or offer their own discounts:
|City Market||CVS Pharmacy||Rite Aid||Target (CVS)||Walmart|
|Costco||Kroger||Safeway||Walgreens||Walmart City Market|
The discounted prices vary by as much as 200% comparing the lowest and the highest discounted price being offered.
What Other Ways Are There to Lower the Price?
There are different ways to lower the overall price, without searching for discount coupons. You could:
- Ask for a 90-day prescription because it may be less, overall, than three 30 days prescriptions.
- Get a higher strength tablet, such as 40mg. It will not be twice the price of a 20mg supply. By buying the 40mg tablet and cutting it in half, you can save money. Obviously, tablet-splitting may result in your not getting an accurate daily dosage, and this may have a negative effect on your condition.
- Ask for a generic or lower-cost brand name.
- Join a prescription savings program such as GoodRX and WebMD. There is often a fee to join a program, so take it into account as part of your decision-making.
What if You Cannot (or Don't Want to) Do it All Yourself?
This is where DoNotPaty comes to the rescue.
Discuss with your doctor which version of atorvastatin is right for you and ask for a lower-cost prescription supply (90 days, not 30 days, for example.) Then instead of searching each pharmacy website for the current discount coupon, searching the internet for other online or offline providers, and then checking their discount coupon prices, just go to DoNotPay and let us find the lowest priced atorvastatin coupon for you. There are just four logical steps, then we take over.
- Go to the Prescription Discounts product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the name of your prescription drug and specify the specific brand if necessary.
- Tell us more about the dosage and form you usually receive the medication in.
- Enter your favorite pharmacy or retailer pick-up location.
Why Choose DoNotPay?
When you choose DoNotPay, you get the best discount coupon for atorvastatin currently available.
The whole thing can be summed up in four words: fast, easy, accurate, and successful.
You save time because you are not having to do the search. You save yourself worry because you don't have to wonder if there is a better price out there you haven't found yet, and because you can relax through the whole thing, you don't risk raising your blood pressure.
DoNotPay Works With All Prescription Suppliers
You may need other prescriptions, or a family member may need a different prescription. All you need to do is visit our DoNotPay website.
- If there is a clinical trial you are interested in you can learn about them here.
- You may want to learn about such topics as creating an advanced healthcare directive.
- Or how to request sick leave from your employer.
- You may need help with paying bills. They may be medical bills or other bills that you have difficulty with this month.
- If you are eligible for a grant to help pay bills, you can learn more here.
- You may just want to lower your overall living costs by canceling monthly subscriptions., and, if so, you will find all the help you need.