How to Remove AscensionPoint Recovery Services From Your Credit Report
, also known as APRS, is a licensed estate and probate recovery service in Minnesota. They were founded in 2007. They are a specialty debt recovery service that targets people who have died before family members can claim the assets.
- They specialize in decedent debt solutions.
- They recover estate and probate debt on behalf of their clients.
- They offer services that complete a resolution of debts owed to creditors from the estates of the deceased.
Who Does AscensionPoint Recovery Services Work For?
works for financial institutions and debt buyers. Their primary job is to recover probate and estate debt for their clients, such as creditors that the deceased owed money to before they died.
- Uses data recovery and analysis methods
- Locates information regarding decedents
- Finds filed probates in which to submit claims
- Satisfies estate obligations and debts
You might be wondering why your credit is essential. Your credit is crucial if you ever want to buy or lease a vehicle, get a line of credit at your favorite store, purchase or rent a home. As an adult, your credit report is consulted for a wide range of reasons.
What do people look at on your report?
- Bill pay history
- Late fees
- Debts you owe
- Loan accounts
- How much available credit do you have
- How many inquiries you have had
Did you know that every time a person checks your credit report, it makes your score lower? This is an unfair negative mark that goes on your credit report and lowers your score to make it difficult for you to achieve the line of credit that you deserve.
Some inquiries come from:
|Rental property managers||If you have applied to rent a home or apartment|
|Car dealerships||If you have tried to purchase a vehicle|
|Banks||If you have asked for a loan|
|Stores||If you have signed up for a line of credit with them|
|Insurance companies||If you have insurance on your vehicles or home|
Why Is It So Important to Have a Good Credit Score?
You need a good credit score if you ever want to get a loan of any type. Now that insurance companies use credit scores to determine how much people should pay for their premiums, everyone should be concerned about fixing their credit reports.
You will need good credit to:
- Get a loan.
- Renegotiate the terms of a loan.
- Get better deals for your insurance premiums.
- Pay lower interest rates on any loans or lines of credit you may have or want in the future.
Repair Your Credit Report
Now that you have learned how important your credit report is, you probably want to fix it immediately. No problem, DoNotPay is here to help you repair your credit. But there are a few different ways to go about it. You have to find which one is best for your situation.
- Remove items from the report such as late payments, penalty fees, credit inquiries, and pay debts.
- Credit consultants and credit counseling firms promise to negotiate with your creditors and offer you debt solutions. But not everyone has the time and patience for that.
- DoNotPay has credit repair products that can take care of whatever you need for your report to raise your score fast and efficiently.
How DoNotPay Can Fix Your Credit
When you want to fix your credit score, we are here to help you. Look at the different ways we can help you repair your credit:
- Filing a Goodwill Removal Request Letter—You can remove the negative items on your report.
- Sending a Credit Dispute Letter for Inaccurate Reports—Did you notice something that was not correct on your credit report? Perhaps a debt that you do not owe? If so, you need to dispute credit report items that do not belong to you.
- Submitting a Debt Validation Letter—Are you unsure that debt really belongs to you? Then you may want to have the credit reporting agency validate the debt.
- Mailing a Pay-to-Delete Negotiation Letter—If you have had DoNotPay take care of the first three items on this list, and there are still things on your credit report that you want to remove, you can pay a fee to have them wiped off.
Removing Negative Items From Your Credit Report
It is essential to raise your credit score to remove certain things from your credit report. Once you have obtained a copy of your credit report, you will better understand what needs to be done.
- Remove late payment records
- Remove credit inquiries
- Remove collections
DoNotPay Will Get It Done
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use.), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report, and they can't collect it.
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more.