How to Connect With an Inmate in Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility
The Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility is a level III state prison located in Ordway City, Crowley County, in Colorado. The correctional facility was established in 1987 to house inmates of various custody levels – minimum security to death row maximum security.
It has specialized housing units, including:
- A Protective Custody Unit,
- An Incentive Living Unit
- A Re-Entry pod
- Treatment and maintenance units for sexual offense convicts
Inmates participate in the vocational, educational, and treatment programs that impact them with knowledge and skills that help them integrate with society upon release. The facility currently holds over 1089 inmates, both men and women.
Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility Contact Information
The correctional facility is located four miles west of Ordway City, just off Highway 96 on Lane 13. The facility is easily accessible by road.
Warden name: Mark Fairbairn
Here is the facility's general information
|Physical Address||12750 Highway 96, Lane 13, Ordway, CO, 81034|
How to Contact Inmates at Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility
Keeping contact with the inmates creates a solid support system for the inmates, making the rehabilitation easier and fruitful. Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility allows you to contact inmates through:
- Phone calls
Here's how to go about it:
When sending a mail to an inmate, ensure that you address it correctly, showing the inmate's name and registration number.
Use this address to send mail to an inmate in AVCF:
Inmate Name, Registration Number
Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility
12750 Highway 96
Ordway, CO, 81034
Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility cannot receive calls as they don't have phones with them. However, the inmates are allowed to make calls to their family or friends. Prisoners may be able to make phone calls using:
- Calling Cards
- Collect Calls (they can set up a calling account through ConnectNetwork)
- Dedicated Phone Line
- Prison Calling Plan
Although you can no call through to an inmate, it's important to have the facility's phone number in case you need it someday. The facility's phone number is 719-267-3520.
Visitations are great, but you must familiarize yourself with the facility's visitation application, procedures, and rules. You'll need to book a reservation by calling 719-267-5137 and then arrive at least 30 minutes before the visitation time begins.
The visitation schedule for the inmates is as follows.
- Friday - PC Offenders: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Processing begins at 8:45 a.m. General Population: 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Processing begins at 12:00 pm
- Saturday - General Population: 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for each Saturday except the FIRST Saturday of each month. There is no GP visiting on the first Saturday of each month. PC Offenders: The FIRST Saturday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Processing begins at 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday - General Population: 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. *Processing begins at 10:00 a.m.
- Monday - Re-entry Pod: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00p.m. * Processing begins at 8:45 a.m.
During visitations, visitors are not allowed to bring cameras, pagers, cellular phones, pocketknives, or food into a facility.
How to Send Money to an Inmate in Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility
Inmates are allowed to have a Commissary account where they can receive money through Western Union or by mail. Cash and checks are not accepted, and so the most advisable method to send money is through a postal money order.
You can send the money through non-postal money orders, but such money orders go through a 15-day holding period as they are processed through the National Lockbox.
Ensure that the money order is addressed to the inmates' correct names as committed to the facility, and it indicates their correct registration number (eight digits).
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
DoNotPay's Connect with an Inmate feature allows you to get in touch with your incarcerated loved one in a simple and easy way. You can send and receive letters easily without the hassle of going to a post office and risking rejection at the facility.
To send a letter to an inmate at AVCF through DoNotPay, you'll need to:
- Open the DoNotPay prison product. We'll walk you through the required steps like adding the inmate's name, ID, and facility.
- Write your message through our app/website or upload your own attachments.
- Upload any photos or images you want to attach to the letter.
- Choose from one of our customized letter templates.
- DoNotPay will instantly print and send the letter upon completion, so it's guaranteed to be received as soon as possible.
To make this experience as personalized as possible, choose a letter template that suits you, including special edition holiday-themed templates.
Once your loved one replies to your letter, DoNotPay digitizes the letter and sends you the content of the letter.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
For inmates in Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility, check out DoNotPay's product page and connect with your loved one without hassle.