Obtain A Copy Of Your Arkansas Birth Certificate Without Breaking A Sweat
Your birth certificate is one of the most important documents that you need to have available for almost every aspect of your life. But if lost or destroyed, the lack of this one piece of paper can delay the most momentous moments in your life. You can obtain Arkansas birth certificate copies through the Department of Health.
The Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy
Understanding the sort of birth certificate you want is one of the most important factors in acquiring the correct birth certificate. If you choose the incorrect type, you will be forced to return to the queue and waste additional time waiting.
- Authorized birth certificates: These documents, also known as certified birth certificates, carry the health department's stamp. Only parents/guardians or adults are permitted to receive the document. This is what is utilized to legally prove the details of your birth.
- Informational birth certificates: These include the same information as authorized birth certificates (and may even be a copy of the document), but they are not regarded as legal papers and are thus purely for informational purposes.
Select the type of birth certificate with caution. Never allow the institution to keep your approved copy of documents while presenting them to gain legal authority to attend or obtain services, like your passport. Have the paperwork available for verification and include a copy of their files.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Arkansas?
Legal guardians can get authorized copies for minors. Authorized copies for adults must be requested by the adult (or by the legal guardian of the impaired). Nobody else may obtain a certified copy of your Arkansas birth certificate.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Arkansas?
Arkansas birth certificates can be requested at the Vital Records office. The cost of a birth certificate is not prohibitively expensive, depending on how many copies you want. Searching fees may also be required.
|City/County/State Office||Contact Address and Phone Number||Birth Certificate Processing Fee|
|Arkansas Vital Records||4815 West Markham Street
Little Rock, AR 72205
|First Copy: $12.00 Additional Copies: $10.00|
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Arkansas?
Wait periods for the certificate can be lengthy, however, this is dependent on how you ordered it. Online and mail-in inquiries might take up to two weeks to process. Then you have to wait for it to be mailed to you.
Walk-in requests can have their documents the same day. Of course, this entails taking time off work, standing in line, giving the necessary papers, allowing time for the search, and requesting the document before the cut-off time of 4 P.M.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Arkansas?
You will need a cash or money order, at least two forms of ID that match the information, and a completed application. You can obtain the application through your local health unit or online.
How to obtain your Arkansas Birth Certificate By Yourself?
Once you have gathered all the information and prepared the payment, you can:
- Apply online through the Department of Health. Provide the information and wait for the processing and shipping times (think about a month or more).
- Call and request the document, providing the information over the phone. Again, you will have a long wait.
- Mail-in the payment and copies of the documentation and application. This will take the longest.
- Physically go to the department of health and request a copy. Wait in line, take time off, and hope they get to you before the same day cut-off.
Next Steps for Obtaining Your Arkansas Birth Certificate If You Can't Do It Yourself
You need the documentation, but you're not authorized to receive it. When you can't do it yourself, turn to a company that can handle it for you. Sometimes a lawyer is hired to obtain the records. Simplify the process by using DoNotPay to complete the process quickly.
Get Your Arkansas Birth Certificate Instantly With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to order/get a birth certificate copy in Arkansas but don 't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Obtain Your Arkansas Birth Certificate
Trying to juggle obtaining your birth certificate and your other responsibilities is time-consuming.
Allow the website to build your perfect legal letter and send it requesting the documents you need swiftly and efficiently. DoNotPay is:
Let DoNotPay handle the work for you!