Animal Control Reporting in Tacoma, WA

Animal Control Animal Control Reporting in Tacoma, WA

Report an Animal-Related Incident with Animal Control Tacoma, WA

Nothing is more frightening than suffering injuries from an animal-related injury. That's why you should file a complaint with the necessary authorities to guarantee your rightful compensation.

Unfortunately, filing a complaint to  can be long and stressful. You will be required to visit the animal control offices in person, gather the necessary documents, and probably do some follow-ups to guarantee your compensation. Completing these steps amid your injuries or trauma proves to be overwhelming. With , you can complete these processes with a click of a button. Follow the steps below, and let's handle the rest for you.

About Animal Control Tacoma

The City of Tacoma Animal Control and Compliance Officers respond to animal-related complaints in Tacoma and its surrounding areas. Residents can also file their complaints with the Pierce County Health Department. For emergency and imminent danger, please call 911.

How to File an Animal-related incident to City of Tacoma Animal Control

You can file an animal-related incident to Animal Control Tacoma, WA, in the following three ways:

  • In-person
  • Online
  • By Phone

Here’s a closer look at the procedure for reporting to Animal Control via these methods:

How to File an Animal-Related Incident with Tacoma Animal Control In-PersonTo file an animal-related incident with Animal Control Tacoma in person, visit the Animal Control offices at City of Tacoma, 747 Market Street, Tacoma, WA 98402.
How to File an Animal-Related Incident with Animal Control Tacoma, WA OnlineYou can file an animal complaint online through the Tacoma First 311. Please note that all complaints are subjected to Public Disclosure if not submitted anonymously.
How to File an Animal-related Incident with Animal Control Tacoma by PhoneTo file an animal complaint by phone, call 253-627-7387 and select option 2.

You may also consider filing a report with the health department, especially if you suspect the animal may be sick.

File an Animal-related Incident with Pierce County Health Department

Pierce County Health Department has two ways to file an animal complaint – online and by Phone. To file a complaint online, please fill out their online form.

Call the department's non-emergency phone number 253-798-PETS (7387) to file a complaint by phone. If the customer service directs you to leave a message, include the following information:

  1. Name
  2. Address
  3. Phone number
  4. The nature of your complaint
  5. Animal owner's address, if known

One of the department's officials might contact you after making your complaint to obtain additional information or a statement. If the official directs you to submit an affidavit, remember to do the following:

  • Obtain an incident number before completing the affidavit to the Pierce County Animal Control
  • Download the affidavit and mail it to the Pierce County Sheriff's Department

Filing an animal complaint with any procedure stated above can be stressful. You might end up waiting for hours while on call hold, end up without a response from your email, or submit the wrong documents. With DoNotPay, you don't have to worry about these issues. Our product offers a simple process that will help you file your complaint with ease.

City of Tacoma Dog Bite Laws

Dog bite cases are covered under the Revised Code of Washington, Section 16.08.040. This law is referred to as the "strict liability" law for dog owners. Under this law, dog owners are solely responsible for any injuries or damages incurred from dog bites except in very narrow, exceptional circumstances.

You don't have to prove that the dog is vicious, has bitten anyone else in the past, or even is proven to be dangerous to be eligible for compensation. However, proof of provocation that led to your attack can be a complete defense for your compensation claim.

I'm Unable to Report to Animal Control Tacoma; What Should I Do Next?

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


By completing these steps, DoNotPay will report your animal-related injury on your behalf with the correct details needed to start your compensation process. Expect to hear back from the authority for further questioning or confirmation about your demands.

Other Services from DoNotPay

The DoNotPay Animal Control Product offers several services apart from filing an animal complaint to the Animal Control in Tacoma, WA. Some of the services you can get include:

 today, and let's help you file your animal complaint the right way.

Want your issue solved now?