Smooth Process in Reporting Issues to Animal Control in Portland

Animal Control Smooth Process in Reporting Issues to Animal Control in Portland

How to Contact Animal Control in Portland

The Portland Animal Control is overseen by Multnomah County Animal Services.  MCAS deals with many different animal-related issues, such as pet adoption, lost and found, licensing, emergency response, and animal complaints and nuisances.

If you are dealing with animal control issues in Portland, contacting MCAS is the best place to start. There may come a time, though, when the steps you need to take to deal with your issue aren't as clear as you would like, and you may find yourself thinking about contacting someone such as a lawyer knowledgeable about dog bites. The good news is, now you have such an advocate without the high legal fees attached: DoNotPay.

Multnomah County Animal Services Location, Hours, and Contact Details

Multnomah County Animal Services can be reached in the following ways: 


You may decide to visit MCAS in person. Their location is 1700 W Historic Columbia River Hwy, Troutdale, OR 97060.

Client Services Hours

Monday11:00 am - 5:30 pm
Tuesday11:00 am - 5:30 pm
Wednesday1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Thursday11:00 am - 5:30 pm
Friday11:00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday11:00 am - 4:30 pm
Sunday11:00 am - 4:30 pm

Client Services Phone Hours

Animal-related emergency phone calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls related to non-emergencies will be taken at the following times:

Monday11:00 am - 5:30 pm
Tuesday11:00 am - 5:30 pm
Wednesday1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Thursday11:00 am - 5:30 pm
Friday11:00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Sunday9:00 am - 4:30 pm

Phone Number

MCAC can be reached at (503) 988-7387.

Contact Form

You can also reach MCAS through this contact form.

What Services Does Portland Animal Control Offer?

MCAC offers numerous services related to animal control. Some examples of situations in which they can assist include:

Animal Rescue and Protection

  •  Abandoned animals
  • Animals in distress
  • Cruelty and neglect investigations
  • Injured or sick animal rescue
  • Loose animals in traffic
  • Protective care and custody of animals.

Public Health and Safety

  • Loose aggressive animals
  • Animal bite investigation and quarantine
  • Potentially dangerous dog investigation and classification
  • Dead animal removal from public property

Neighborhood Livability

  •  Barking dog disturbances
  • Loose animal nuisance complaints
  • Stray holding dog pick-up service
  • Animal facility inspections

Multnomah County Oregon Animal Ordinances

Multnomah County, which includes Portland, has quite a few laws relating to animals that you should keep in mind. You can find a more detailed list of the laws here, but in summary, here are some of the most important.

  1. Section 13.300 states that it is prohibited to confine animals to motor vehicles.
  2. Section 13.100 states that all dogs and cats are subject to pet licensing.
  3. Section 13.402 states that a dog who causes serious injury or death to any person will be classified as a dangerous dog. Dogs deemed dangerous may be euthanized or placed in a certified dangerous animal facility.

What Do I Do if I’ve Been Bitten by an Animal in Portland?

If you have been bitten by an animal in Portland, the incident will need to be reported to MCAS. You can call (503) 988-7387 during regular business hours and download this form to report the dog bite. The form is generally used in conjunction with a visit to a medical professional.

How to Report Dog Bites in Portland on Your Own

Once you have made the dog bite report using either of the above means, you may wish to consider other possible routes to deal with the incident as well.

For example, you could speak with the owner to solicit compensation for medical treatment you received, seek to cover your expenses in small claims court or sue for damages for your dog bite.

Why Use DoNotPay to Help With Portland Animal Control Issues

The routes described in the above sections can be pretty time-consuming. Plus, they aren't always very easy to navigate.  That's why you may wish to ask DoNotPay to tackle your dog bite case for you.

How to report an animal-related incident on DoNotPay:

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


DoNotPay Assists You With Animal Control Across Local and State Governments With the Click of a Button

DoNotPay doesn't stop with animal control in Portland. It can also assist you in navigating animal control ordinances and dog bites at the local and state level in many different locations. Some examples of the animal-related topics and locations that we can take on for you include Los Angeles animal control, Atlanta animal control, Miami animal control, PA dog bite laws, CA dog bite laws, Texas dog bite laws and Ohio dog bite laws.

Give DoNotPay a try today to see all the ways it can help you.

Want your issue solved now?