How to Report a Nashville Animal Control Issue
We can all agree that dogs are awesome. However, as cuddly, sweet, and fuzzy as they can be, they can all bite when provoked. Dog bites present a serious health risk to our communities and society. The United States Center for Disease Control estimates that more than 4.5 million people fall victim to dog bites each year. Out of these, approximately 800,000 receive medical attention annually. Children are the most likely victims and are more prone to getting serious injuries.
That said, if you need to report an animal attack to Nashville Animal Control, DoNotPay can help you with this. DoNotPay can also help you report a dog bite to Los Angeles Animal Control, Atlanta Animal Control, and Miami Animal Control. We can also assist with reports of animal-related injuries in Pennsylvania, California, Texas, Ohio, and the rest of the United States. Read along for more information on this.
How Animal Control Benefits Your Community
Metro Animal Care and Control in Nashville works hard to deliver humane animal care to the residents of Nashville-Davidson County. The following are some of the main services provided by Nashville animal control:
- Responding to reports of stray dogs.
- Connecting domestic animals with caring homes.
- Reducing the population of cats and dogs through neutering and spaying.
- Carrying out widespread rabies vaccinations.
- Creating awareness on responsible pet ownership.
- Investigating animal bites.
- Attending to sick or injured animals.
Metro Animal Care and Control Contact Information and Hours of Operation
|Address||5125 Harding Pl, Nashville, TN 37211|
|Phone Number||(615) 862-7928|
|Hours of Operation||Monday – Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thursday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
How to Report Animal Incidents to Nashville Animal Control
Before filing a report, the first thing you should do if a dog has bitten you or someone you know is to seek immediate medical care to treat your injuries. Once you are certain that everything is okay and you are out of danger, you can follow these steps to contact Nashville Animal Control:
- Have all the information about the incident. Give as many details as possible about how the attack happened, when, and where.
- Try to get the contact information of the dog owner.
- Head to Metro Animal Care and Control website to fill out the Animal Bite Incident form.
- Be very detailed and specific when filling out the form.
- After completing and submitting the form, wait for a response from animal control.
Additional Steps You Can Take To Make Your Case
- Have photographic evidence of the dog bite(s) and bruises.
- File a report with your local police department. Doing this will come in handy when getting medical insurance assistance. Reporting the matter to the police prompts them to open an investigation with animal control services.
Cooperation is key. It is easy to change your mind about reporting the dog bite. Failure to report the dog bite may result in the dog biting someone else. If you plan to sue for financial compensation, do not do it on your own. Hire a dog bite lawyer to assist you with the legal process and advise you on whether you have a case.
Let DoNotPay Easily Help You File Your Nashville Animal Control Reports
If you want to make any animal-related report to Nashville Animal Control or for any other reason, DoNotPay can help you accomplish this in no time. DoNotPay will handle this for you in three easy steps:
- Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.
- Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency or demand compensation from the pet owner.
- Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).
And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details. You should hear back from them directly with further questions or confirmation regarding your demands.
Why Should You Use DoNotPay to Make Animal Control Reports?
Using DoNotPay makes the process fast and easy. All you need to do is provide us with pertinent information, and you can relax while we do all the hard work for you. We will submit a demand letter to the dog owner, thus saving you money in legal fees. Furthermore, you can rest assured that we will make the best case for you, guaranteeing you a successful outcome.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
Offering you Animal Control services is just one of the many ways that DoNotPay can assist you. We can help you solve many other issues, such as:
- Helping you sue anyone in a small claims court
- Helping you solve your neighbor's complaints
- Helping you contact government representatives on your behalf
- Helping you get appropriate compensation for crime victims.
No matter your problem, you can count on DoNotPay to help.