All About the Animal Control Services in Louisville, KY
Keeping yourself and others safe from animals is a big responsibility, as is ensuring animals are treated well by the people who live with and around them. That's what makes animal control so important. If you're a resident of services work in your city and find out how DoNotPay can help you work with them.
About Louisville, KY Metro Animal Control Services
In is known as the Metro Animal Services. They provide a number of services to the community, some of those being:
- Investigating reports of cruelty, inhumane treatment, or abandonment of animals.
- Removing animals from homes, including bats.
- Helping animals in unsafe living conditions.
- Investigating animal bites.
- Quarantining animals for disease risks.
- Adoption, fostering, and other services related to pets.
Note that Metro Animal Control does not deal with issues related to wildlife. For that, get in touch with the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife at 1-800-858-1549.
Louisville Metro Animal Services Location, Hours, and Contact Details
The Louisville Metro Animal Services office can be found at
|Address||3516 Newburg Rd, Louisville, KY 40218, USA|
|Hours||noon to 6:00 PM Monday through Saturday|
|Phone Number||1 (502) 473-7387|
Service requests can be submitted at any time on their website and usually have a 24-hour turnaround.
Louisville KY Dog Bite Laws
Louisville is beholden to all relevant Kentucky laws related to dog bites. Some things you should know about the laws surrounding domestic animal attacks in the city are:
Who Is Liable if a Dog Bites Someone?
Kentucky law stipulates responsibility for dog bites in Title XXI's Agriculture and Animals: Section 258.235. This states that the dog's owner is always responsible if the dog bites someone unless other very specific mitigating factors are present.
What to Do if You’re Bitten by a Dog?
If you're the victim of a dog bite, you should first tend to your injuries. After that, you can report the incident to animal control and the police.
Can You Sue Someone for Dog Bites?
If you've been bitten by someone's dog, you are allowed to sue the dog's owner for damages. These can be purely physical as well as emotional or for damaged property or livestock. However, Kentucky recognizes what's known as comparative negligence on the part of the victim. Essentially, this means that certain actions taken by the victim may have influenced the dog to bite them or that they ignored clear signs of aggression by the dog. If a dog is barking at you and you approach it anyway only to be a bit, the court may find you partially responsible for your injuries.
How to Sue for a Dog Bite in Louisville, KY on Your Own
If you make a choice to sue over a dog bite, you're probably looking at a long process. This involves hiring your own lawyer, filing the paperwork, gathering support, and much more. DoNotPay, particularly the Sue Now product we offer, can help to make all of that a lot simpler. However, you certainly can take care of the process on your own. If you do, you'll likely want to follow steps like this:
- Contact animal control to let them know you've been bitten.
- Get the dog owner's contact information.
- Get in touch with a local lawyer. If the firm you contact initially does not handle dog bite cases, they can recommend you to someone who can help.
- Explain the situation to your lawyer and say that you want to press charges.
- Collect as much evidence as possible about the situation, including witness testimony and receipts for any expenses needed for your medical care or damages resulting from the incident.
- Decide what you want from your lawsuit. This can be reimbursement for medical care or destroyed property, or damages for pain and suffering, disfigurement, or disability.
- Sign off on the paperwork your attorney provides to allow them to file the case.
Reporting an Incident to the Louisville Metro Animal Services With DoNotPay
If you've encountered a dangerous animal or have other issues with pets, you can get DoNotPay to contact the Louisville Metro Animal Services for you. Just follow these three quick steps to get started:
- Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.
- Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.
- Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).
And that's it. DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details. You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.
DoNotPay Can Handle Animal Control in Multiple Places
DoNotPay can tackle animal control issues in places beyond just Louisville, KY. We deal with claims in states and cities like Los Angeles and the rest of California, Pennsylvania, Texas, Ohio, Atlanta, Miami, and beyond. It's a simple matter to get the compensation you're owed or the help you need when working with us.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay's services extend to more than just animal control. Here's a small selection of what else we offer our users:
- Getting compensation for crimes
- Contacting your representatives
- Posting neighbor complaints
- Filing in small claims court
From dog bites to destructive neighbors to everything in between, DoNotPay can help you out. Try the app today for a simpler and easier life.