Stop Paying Market Price for Amoxicillin — Find Discounts In 4 Easy Steps
Prescription drugs are generally expensive both with insurance and when paying out of pocket. If you use amoxicillin for extended periods, it pays to find deals that could save you some cash. Using prescription discounts and coupons offered by pharmacies can be a smart way to find the best amoxicillin price. DoNotPay provides an automated way to search for the best drug deals and prices in multiple pharmacies near you.
Amoxicillin Prescription Drug Summary
|Prescription drug name||Amoxicillin|
|Brand name||Amoxil, Moxatag, and Trimox|
|Mg dosage||500 mg every 12 hours, or
250 mg every 8 hours
|Route of administration||Oral|
What Are the Factors to Consider When Taking Amoxicillin?
Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic used to treat several infections caused by bacteria. These include pneumonia, tonsillitis, bronchitis, and the ear, nose, throat, skin, and urinary tract conditions. When taking this medication, the drug's risks must be weighed against the good it can do. The following are some of the things to consider:
- Allergies: Inform your doctor whether you have ever had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin or any other medication.
- Pediatric: Newborns and infants three months of age may need a lower dose of this medicine. This is because, at their age, they have not developed complete kidney functions.
- Breastfeeding: Although there is no confirmed study in women for determining infant risk when breastfeeding and using this medication, potential risks must be weighed against its benefits.
- Drug interactions: Some specific medicines should not be used together with amoxicillin. These include chlortetracycline, cholera vaccine, mestranol, and many others.
- Proper use: Follow the dosage strictly. Keep using the medications for the full treatment time even when you feel better after initial doses.
What Foods Should You Avoid When Taking Amoxicillin?
Most people under amoxicillin don't realize there are some specific foods to avoid while taking the medication. Foods to avoid include:
- Excess calcium
- Sugars and yeast
How Long Does Amoxicillin Take to Start to Work
Amoxicillin starts working immediately after you take them. However, it reaches peak blood concentration in one or two hours. However, improvement in symptoms may take longer to register.
What Are the Side Effects of Amoxicillin?
Apart from its needed effects, amoxicillin may trigger some unwanted effects. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Bloody nose
- Blood in urine
- Abdominal or stomach cramps
- Black tarry stools
Is Amoxicillin Expensive?
Amoxicillin is not expensive if you have insurance. The medication is available in generic and brand-name versions. Both versions are covered by most insurance and Medicare plans. The average retail price for the medication today is $11.90 (21 500mg capsules). However, you can buy the drug for as low as $4.83 in pharmacies that offer discounts and coupons.
|Price for Generic Amoxicillin Capsule|
|Price for Generic Amoxicillin Tablet|
|500 mg tablet||$12.18 for 20 tablets||$22.90 for 100 tablets|
|875 mg tablet||$14.72 for 20 tablets||$35.60 for 100 tablets|
|Price for Generic Amoxicillin Suspension|
|125 mg/5 mL||100ml||$10.93|
|200 mg/5 mL||100ml||$11.90|
|250 mg/5 mL||100ml||$11.67|
|400 mg/5 mL||100ml||$12.44|
What Are Prescription Drug Coupons?
Prescription drug coupons are discount cards provided by drug manufacturers and pharmacies like CVS and Kroger directly to consumers. The discounts are applied at the point of sale to help patients buy life-saving drugs without having to strain financially.
How Do Drug Discounts Work?
The following is a step-by-step procedure on how prescription drug cards work:
- You present the physical or digital discount card to the pharmacist.
- The pharmacy uses the discount card information to process prescriptions instead of using insurance details.
- You then pay a reduced cash price.
- The pharmacy pays the transaction fees. Pharmacies have no issue paying the fees because low prices entice more patients.
Four Ways to Find Cheaper Prescriptions
Ideally, prescription drug prices are not regulated in the USA, meaning you can find more affordable prescriptions if you put in enough effort. Here are a few tips for medications discounts:
- Ask your doctor about pill splitting: Inquire from your doctor whether your prescription qualifies for pill-splitting. Buying a higher dosage bill that can be split into two can be a smart way to save a substantial amount of cash.
- Order by mail: Buying longer-term supplies through mail can help lower your costs. However, ensure you source your drugs from drug fulfillment services accredited by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.
- Consider government programs: Several states offer drug assistance programs designed to close prescription coverage gaps. Find a program near you by visiting medicare.gov.
- Look into patient assistance programs: Pharmaceutical companies and nonprofit organizations provide grants and discounts to patients who need financial assistance. These include the Partnership for Prescription Assistance and Needymeds.org.
Leverage DoNotPay to Save on Prescription Drugs
DoNotPay can help you get the best deals for your Amoxicillin prescription in four easy steps.
Here's how to do it:
- Go to the Prescription Discounts product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the name of your prescription drug and specify the specific brand if necessary.
- Tell us more about the dosage and form you usually receive the medication in.
- Enter your favorite pharmacy or retailer pick-up location.
Other Solutions by DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you solve an array of problems such as:
- Help with bills
- Canceling any services and subscriptions
- Requesting sick leave
- Advanced healthcare directive
- Clinical trials
Find Free Coupons and Discounts With the Help of DoNotPay
Indeed, the DIY methods to find the best deals on amoxicillin are tedious and time-consuming. Making price comparisons from all participating stores that accept coupons and discounts can take much of your valuable time. DoNotPay can help you find the best prices for your prescription medication within minutes and at your own convenient time and place.
Contact us today to learn more about how our new prescription discount product can quickly help you find drug deals and prices.