Transfer Your American Express Membership Reward Points the Easy Way Using DoNotPay
Are you considering an American Express Membership Rewards Points transfer? Of course, you will be looking to get maximum value for your points. Generally, American Express allows transfer to several hotel and airline partners, and that's why their reward points are a gem. If you're stranded and wondering where to start, you are not alone. Finding the best deal and closing it on your own can be overwhelming.
Fortunately, DoNotPay has come to your rescue and can help make your rewards points transfer process seamless. Since it is an automated solution, you can use it to check your points balance and even sell them easily and fast in just a few steps. Moreover, DoNotPay can help you in transferring other points such as Southwest, Hilton, Marriott, and Chase; miles such as United and A.A., and selling Delta Skymiles, Airline mileage, Marriott, and United points.
Let's look at how to transfer American Express Membership Rewards points and how DoNotPay can help.
How to Earn American Express Membership Rewards Points
You earn at least a point for every dollar you spend with your card. You may earn additional points depending on whether your card is AmEx's signature Gold, Green or Platinum. The additional points can be five points per dollar on specific travel expenses or three points per dollar in restaurants.
How to Transfer American Express Membership Rewards Points to Transfer Partners
- Log in to your American Express account.
- Click "Transfer Points" on your preferred partner program
The transfer is often instantaneous, but it may take more time for some partners. Note that you should check to see if you can redeem your points on your desired dates since some programs do not have a redemption option for some dates.
Here are some of the ways you can redeem your American Express Membership points:
|Partner||Amex Membership Reward Points||Partner Points||Minimum Transfer|
|Delta Skymiles||1||1 Skymile||1000 points|
|Asia Miles||1||1 Asia Mile||1000 points|
|British Airways||1||1 Avios||1000 points|
|Emirates Skywards||1||1 Skywards Mile||1000 points|
|Radisson Rewards||1||3 points||3 points|
|Marriott Bonvoy||2||3 Marriott Points||400 points|
|Hilton Honors||1||2 Hilton Honors Points||200 Points|
How Much Money Are American Express Membership Rewards Points Worth?
The rate of redeeming Membership Rewards is 0.6 cents per point via Cover Your Card Charges. However, that option has restrictions. For instance, you are eligible for Cover Your Card Charges if your purchase is at least $1 and occurred within the U.S. Besides, the charge must be present in the 'Recent Activity' section of your account or in your current statement.
Since it does not allow partial redemptions, you have to accumulate sufficient points to cover the full purchase which is 1,000 points for a $6 charge.
|What’s the Value of Amex Points for Gift Cards?||The value for most gift cards options is 1 cent per point. However, some redemption is even lower. For example, redeeming for American Express gift cards gives you 0.5 cents.|
|What’s the Value of Amex Points for Travel?||Cardholders receive either 0.7 or 1 cent per point when they use Membership Rewards points to pay for travel.|
How to Transfer Membership Rewards Points on Your Own
- Log in to your American Express account.
- Choose 'Transfer Points' under Rewards to see the listing of all available American Express transfer partners.
- If you are transferring points for the first time, link your hotel or airline loyalty account. Ensures the hotel or airline account's name matches your name. Additionally, have the 4-digit card I.D. on the front of your American Express account and a 3-digit security code on the back.
- After linking your account to your frequent flyer loyalty account, transfer your Rewards points. You make transfers in 1000 point increments, and the process is not reversible. Therefore, you cannot transfer points back to American Express after transferring to a hotel or airline account.
Transfer Your American Express Membership Reward Points With the Help of DoNotPay
You can transfer American Express Membership reward points on your own, but as you have probably noticed, the process is complicated and time-consuming. Even worse, you may not know how to check your points balance before the transfer. That is why you need DoNotPay, an automated solution that executes your commands automatically, thus making the process fast, efficient, and more convenient.
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Why Use DoNotPay for American Express Membership Rewards Points Transfer?
Many people use DoNotPay to solve their internet problems because we are:
- Fast - With DoNotPay, you can at the comfort of your home or office transfer your American Express Membership Rewards points quickly
- Easy - DoNotPay does not require filling out tedious forms or following all steps set out for a person transferring Rewards points on their own.
- Successful - We have helped many people transfer their American Express Membership Rewards points successfully and can do the same for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Other than American Express Membership Rewards Points transfer, DoNotPay helps in other areas, including:
- Free raffle tickets
- Missing money
- Credit cards
- Customer services
- Parking tickets
- Free trials
- Gift card cash backs
Let DoNotPay handle the tedious process for you!