Algeria Tourist Visa—Everything You Need To Know
The northern jewel of Africa is certainly worth visiting, but doing so is easier said than done. The first question that comes to mind is whether you need an Algeria tourist visa or not. A handful of countries are exempt from the visa requirements—is the U.S. on that list?
DoNotPay can tell you if you need a visa or not in a matter of minutes. If you do, we can direct you to an online application portal (if it exists), provide you with a visa application form, or contact the embassy for you.
All those services are a part of a single subscription, so sign up today!
Citizens of the following countries are exempt from needing a visa to enter Algeria:
- Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic
Everyone else (aside from certain diplomats and government officials) needs a tourist visa, including U.S. citizens.
If you wish to apply for an Algerian tourist visa, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Passport that remains valid for at least 180 days after leaving Algeria
- Copy of your passport’s first page
- Notarized invitation letter (whether from a travel agency or an individual) or a hotel reservation
- Copy of your round trip flight ticket
- Pay Stub or bank statement confirming your financial independence
- $160 money order from USPS
- Two copies of a filled-in application form
- Passport size photo for each of the application copies
An application form must be submitted even for children. If children share your or your spouse’s passport, the only additional requirements are a birth certificate and two photographs.
If you have dual citizenship, you must apply for a visa using your U.S. passport.
There are two visa offices that process Algeria tourist visa applications in the United States, namely:
|The Washington DC Office||The New York Office|
The Washington D.C. office accepts visa applications from citizens of the following areas:
- District of Columbia
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
Residents of other states must refer to the New York office.
No matter which office you contact, to apply for a visa, you must:
- Schedule an appointment
- Wait until you are called
- Bring all the necessary documents
- Wait for the visa processing time. Usually, getting a visa takes between five and eight business days
Every American citizen that’s visiting Algeria should know the location of the U.S. Embassy:
05 Chemin Cheikh Bachir Ibrahimi
If you need to reach the embassy via phone, you can call 213 0770 08 30 00.
Due to the global pandemic, the Algerian government enforces the following measures on all tourists:
- A negative PCR test taken no earlier than 36 hours before arrival is mandatory
- Anyone might be subject to a temperature check on arrival
- Passengers flying with Air Algerie must stay in a state-nominated hotel for quarantine. The quarantine takes ten days, or it can be reduced to five days for visitors who get a negative PCR test on the fifth day of isolation. The hotel fee must be paid in advance.
You don’t need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter Algeria, but most travelers must confirm they are vaccinated against typhoid and hepatitis A. If you traveled to certain South American, Asian, or African countries before visiting Algeria, you must be vaccinated against yellow fever, rabies, malaria, cholera, and hepatitis B.
Getting straight answers about specific visa requirements is never easy. Many third-party sites include a bunch of unnecessary info, while official websites tend to be slow and outdated.
DoNotPay won’t let you down! We have a failproof feature that quickly tells you whether you need a visa or not, based on your destination entry. All it takes is for you to follow the prompts:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Select the Tourist Visa Guide product
- Confirm that you’re a U.S. passport holder
- Enter the destination country
You will be directed to an online portal where you can apply for your visa if you need one or be provided with a full visa guide in PDF in minutes!
Africa is the cradle of civilization, and visiting only Algeria when you get there would be a pity. Sure, Algeria has a lot to offer, but why miss out on an epic adventure presented to you? DoNotPay can help you with the visas, so you can explore this fantastic area stress-free. Check out our country-specific guides in the table below:
To simplify confusing bureaucratic procedures, we developed a number of features you may find super useful. Sign up for our app and let us assist you in:
- Applying for various clinical trials in your vicinity
- Putting an end to annoying text and email spam
- Getting a temporary phone number to sign up for any service securely
- Creating demand letters to send to your annoying neighbors
- Preparing for government tests efficiently
- Applying for college fee waivers with no stress
- Creating various legal documents
- Getting important documents notarized without visiting a notary public in person
- Joining any giveaway or sweepstake
- Creating passport photos in a flash
Assisting you with bureaucratic tasks is only a fragment of what DoNotPay can do—we have a lot more nifty features to offer! We can show you how to:
- Find any unclaimed money under your name
- Request a refund from a company
- Cancel unwanted subscriptions
- Cash your unused gift card funds
- Lower your bills
- Request late delivery refunds