What You Need to Know About Albuterol Inhaler Recalls
If you use an inhaler, you already know how scary and dangerous a situation can be when you need to use the inhaler. It's a matter of life and death. Unfortunately, the company and their albuterol inhaler put out a recall for the product, and you need to know everything you can to keep yourself safe.
Making a recall claim can be a frustrating and lengthy process. There is a lot of research and work that goes into each and every claim. You shouldn't have to do it all on your own. This is especially true when you're dealing with a situation that could truly be a matter of life or death. DoNotPay has a variety of products that help you with the recall process and complete the steps for you.
What Do You Need to Know About This Recall?
In the summer of 2021, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a voluntary of all albuterol inhalers that were unexpired and manufactured by Catalent Pharma Solutions for Perrigo Pharmaceutical Company. This was due to a problem with the inhaler that caused clogging, resulting in the potential of not getting enough medicine when a person needed it.
What Can You Do About the Recall?
Before you actually take any action about this recall, it's important to follow the safety tips outlined by the FDA. They recommend:
- Keeping the retainer use. It's important to always have one if you need it for an emergency.
- Seed emergency care if you need it.
- Try to have extra inhalers or other types of medication and treatments to use in case of an emergency.
- Contact your general practitioner with any questions you might have.
Do You Need to Report to Someone if You Have This Inhaler?
The FDA is asking for assistance in reporting any problems associated with this inhaler. They ask that you report any issues through submitting a form online, available on their website, or downloading the form, filling it out, and mailing or faxing it back to them.
Can You Get Your Money Back for This Inhaler?
The short answer to this question is, you can try. You'll need to gather as much information about your inhaler as you possibly can. It's important to do your research and spend as much time being informed as you can if you want to successfully get your money back. This information includes:
- Where you bought your inhaler
- When you bought it
- The product identification number
- Any problems you experience with the inhaler
- Any other information you see fit
What are the Next Steps?
After you have all this information, you'll want to call the company's response center and make a claim for why you believe your albuterol inhaler is damaged and why you should get a refund. This can be a tricky process and the refund may take a long time to receive if you make this claim yourself, but it is possible.
How DoNotPay Can Help
You don't have to do everything all by yourself. If you think your albuterol has a recall, let DoNotPay do the work for you and make a claim. All you need to do is provide the basic information, and DoNotPay will take it from there. We act as an advocate for you so you don't have to take on all the work and stress. You're already stressed enough when facing a recall for something as serious as this!
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item
DoNotPay Can Assist In A Variety of Ways
If you find yourself in the difficult situation where you believe a product you're using might have a recall, let DoNotPay help. We aren't limited to helping with a single product, and will try to help you receive compensation for a wide range of needs. To name a few, we can help with recalled:
- Dog food Recalls
- Peloton Recalls
- Sunscreen Recalls
- Food recalls such as Hot Pockets or Tyson Chicken
The Bottom Line
provides a fast, easy, and secure way for you to make a claim for your product recall. We do all of the hard work so you can get your money back and solve your problem quickly and efficiently. Our success rate is outstanding, so we're confident we can help you. Contact us today with any questions and we can get your claim started right away.