Get An Alameda County Marriage Certificate Quickly
If you're in need of an , it's likely you're in a hurry. You may have just realized you don't have your own copy, and you need one quickly to take care of an issue.
The good news is that you have the right to request a copy of your marriage certificate. The bad news is that such requests are sometimes tedious, and they can take time to resolve. That's why DoNotPay has created our Certificates of Marriage product just for you.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses
It's important to note that marriage licenses and marriage certificates are not the same things.
A marriage license is what you get first, and it's basically an application to be married. Once you have filled it out, had your ceremony, gotten it signed, and your officiant has turned it back into the county, then you receive a marriage certificate.
While one is requested pre-wedding, the other is issued post-wedding. A marriage license grants the couple legal permission to marry, while a marriage certificate provides legal proof that they already are married.
Alameda County Marriage Certificates: The Fast Facts
It's good to know the details involved before you begin the process of requesting your Alameda County marriage certificate.
Who Can Request a Marriage Certificate in Alameda County?
Either party who is listed on the marriage license may request a marriage certificate. You must submit proof of identity when you make your request. If you are not listed on the marriage license, you may only request a marriage certificate via a court order.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Alameda County?
Each copy of the marriage certificate you request will cost $19. If you order by mail or in person, that will be your only charge; however, you will be charged an additional $2 convenience fee per online order.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Alameda County?
How long you will wait to receive your can depend on the method you use to request one.
|Applying in person||If you apply in person, you can generally receive your certificate on the same day.|
|Applying by mail||Your certificate will be sent via Federal Express next-day service. Between mailing your application and receiving your certificate, this process could take 3-7 business days.|
|Applying online||Online applications are generally handled on the same day, although there are sometimes delays.|
Perhaps a simpler option is to turn to DoNotPay's streamlined service.
Steps to Requesting a Marriage Certificate in Alameda County by Yourself
To request a copy of your , there are several steps involved:
- Visit https://acgov.org/
- Type "Marriage Certificates" into the site's search bar
- Click on "Marriage Certificate"
- You will be asked if the marriage license was purchased in Alameda County. If yes, click "Yes" and follow the prompts.
If you're living in Alameda County but were married elsewhere, you will need to visit the website of the county where your marriage took place.
Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Alameda County Quickly with DoNotPay
If you're looking to request an but don't have time to mess around, you have come to the right place. DoNotPay has a feature that can help you accomplish this task quickly.
If you want to get a marriage certificate copy in Alameda County but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
That's literally all you have to do.
DoNotPay Can Handle It
From marriage certificates to birth certificates, whatever issue you're dealing with, DoNotPay can handle it. We have products and features to meet all your needs.
- About birth certificates
- About the processing times for birth certificates
- How to get a birth certificate online
- How to use your birth certificate to get a passport
- How to apply for a birth certificate
- How to replace a lost birth certificate
- How to get birth certificates for a newborn
- How to get birth certificates fast
- How to find your birth certificate
- Where to get a birth certificate
But we can help you with more than just marriage certificates and birth certificates. DoNotPay also has products that can help you with:
- Return items
- Find free raffle tickets
- Create passport photos
- Cancel unwanted services and subscriptions
Come learn more about how DoNotPay can help you manage life's daily tasks.