Get an Alabama Birth Certificate Without the Stress
A certified birth certificate is an official document used for personal identification, proof of citizenship, social security, school registration, passport, driver's license, and other legal purposes. Birth certificates are available from the vital records office for births that occurred within the state.
The birth certificate application process can be challenging if you apply for a replacement birth certificate or need to expedite a request. You can apply in person or go online to get your birth certificate, but it takes a lot of work. Thankfully, with , you can quickly get a copy of your Alabama birth certificate.
Authorized VS Informational Birth Certificate Copy
An authorized birth certificate is different from an informational birth certificate copy. An authorized copy of a birth certificate is printed on security paper with the state seal and signature of the State Registrar. An informational copy is a computer print-out that does not bear the signature of the State Registrar and the seal.
An authorized copy is issued to a person or agency who demonstrates a legitimate reason for needing that particular birth certificate. An informational copy may be issued to a person who requests a birth record for genealogical purposes.
An authorized copy can be used to prove one's identity and to apply for essential government services like a driver's license, passport, or social security card. An informational copy can be used to prove one's identity, but not to apply for government services. If an individual needs a copy of their birth certificate to apply for government services, they must obtain an authorized copy.
How to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Alabama On Your Own
In Alabama , a birth certificate copy can be obtained by anyone 18 years of age or older who has verifiable authorization from the registrant (or their legal representative) and pays the required fee. The request for a copy must include:
- Full name at birth
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- If requesting for someone else, the relationship with the applicant
Requests for birth certificates can be made at the Alabama Vital Records with the corresponding processing fees:
|City/County/State Office||Contact Address and Phone Number||Birth Certificate Processing Fee|
|Alabama Vital Records||P. O. Box 5625
Montgomery, AL 36103-5625
|First Copy: $30.00 Additional Copies: $6.00|
Challenges in Getting a Copy of a Birth Certificate By Yourself
While it may seem easy to get a copy of a birth certificate in Alabama, it is not always the case. You may encounter the following challenges:
- Sometimes it can take weeks before you get your copy of the certificate, even when the process is fast-tracked.
- Some Alabama counties charge additional fees for the retrieval of birth certificates from their archives.
- Missing information in the initial application can lead to delays.
DoNotPay helps you get an Alabama birth certificate copy without a hitch.
How to Get a Copy of Your Birth Certificate Using DoNotPay
If you want to order/get a birth certificate copy in Alabama but don 't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay in Getting Your Alabama Birth Certificate
Getting a birth certificate copy in is tedious and there is no guarantee that your request will go without a hitch. If you want efficient service, DoNotPay is your solution. Using DoNotPay offers the following advantages:
- DoNotPay is fast: you don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue.
- DoNotPay is a virtual service provider: therefore, it saves you the trip to a vital records office. You do not have to pay for gas or transportation to get your certificate.
- DoNotPay is easy to use: all you have to do is complete the online process. You do not have to bother with a paper form, which can be time-consuming and a hassle to fill out for a service that may not provide you with what you need.
- DoNotPay is successful: you can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you.
With DoNotPay, getting your birth certificate copy in Alabama (or other states) is quite easy. All you need to do is answer a few questions and let DoNotPay handle the rest.