Are You Being Harassed by AFNI Debt Collection? DoNotPay Can Help Stop Them in Their Tracks!
Whether you owe the money or not, when you get on AFNI Debt Collection's radar, it seems like they call you day and night. Each day, when you check your mail, it seems like there's a new letter demanding payment for a debt.
You need a way to get to stop calling you all the time and inundating your mailbox. You've tried asking, waiting on hold for hours, but they continue with the calls and letters. You feel like it will never end. DoNotPay can partner with you to make it stop.
What Is AFNI Debt Collection?
has been in business for many years and helps a lot of large clients to help them recover money owed. Here's the general information:
|Mailing address||Afni, Inc., PO Box 3097, Bloomington, IL 61702-3427|
|Phone number||(866) 352-0479|
Is AFNI Debt Collection Legitimate?
Yes, AFNI Collections is a legitimate debt collection company. The company opened in 1936. They represent many large corporate clients who need to recoup payments from delinquent accounts. If you have a complaint about debt or want to argue its validity, you can contact them directly.
Your Rights When Dealing With AFNI Debt Collection
There are some rights that you have as a consumer when you're dealing with AFNI Debt Collections and other debt collection companies. These include
- The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act provides protection against predatory debt collection companies.
- Within five days of their first call, the debt collector must provide you with a written debt validation letter.
- Pauses their collection activities and responds to a debt verification request until the debt is actually verified.
- Debt collectors can't call after hours or at your work.
How to Respond to AFNI Debt Collection
When you receive your first call from AFNI Collections, you need to ask for this information:
- Name, address, and phone number of the debt collection agency
- Company and dates of the original debt
- The amount of the original debt along with fees and interest
How to Remove Collections off of Your Credit Report
Sometimes, you'll find things on your credit report that doesn't belong there. It might be you've already paid the debt, or too much time has passed for it to be on your credit report. You need to send a letter to the collection agency as well as the three major credit bureaus disputing the collections account.
How to Stop Harassment From AFNI Debt Collection on Your Own
Here are the steps to stop harassment by AFNI Collection by yourself:
Read the Debt Validation Letter
You need to verify the original creditor and the amount of the debt.
Verify the Debt
You might think the debt isn't yours, and you need to send a debt verification request. This makes the debt collection agency prove you owe them money and the expiration date hasn't passed.
Resolve the Debt
If you owe the money, you need to pay the money or make arrangements to do so. However, AFNI doesn't need to harass you during this time.
Solve the Problem of Ending Harassment From AFNI Debt Collection With the Help of DoNotPay
When AFNI Debt Collection is always calling you at the worst times or sending a waterfall of letters, you need to get them to stop, but all your efforts seem to fail. You need a way to make it stop. The DoNotPay app is ready to help you put an end to the harassment.
Here's how it works:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to the CFPB.
And that's it! Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We'll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail or file your complaint automatically with the CFPB so that they're no longer able to use unfair debt collection practices.
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve the Problem of Ending Harassment From AFNI Debt Collection
When you're being harassed by AFNI Collection, you want it to stop. DoNotPay is your best choice, and here's why:
- The app is easy to use, with prompts to guide you.
- It's fast, so you aren't wasting time.
- It's successful at getting harassment to stop.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
If you have any inquiries about bank difficulties, such as the ones listed below, DoNotPay can certainly assist you with excellence and speed.
- Can debt collectors take your stimulus check
- How to negotiate with debt collectors
- Statute of limitations on debt collection by state
- How long can debt collectors try to collect
- How to create or send dispute letter
- How to deal with debt collectors
- How often do debt collectors take you to court
- How to deal with ERC debt collection
- Medical debt collection
Stop the harassment by AFNI Debt Collection today with DoNotPay!