Are You Qualified for Adobe's Maternity Leave Benefits?
Welcoming a new child into the world is one of life's greatest pleasures, but trying to balance work and home is often very stressful. Many parents have to negotiate time off for fear of losing their job or health benefits.
The United States is one of the few countries that does not require employers to offer paid parental leave. The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), while helpful, only provides unpaid time off, leaving parents to struggle financially.
Fortunately, Adobe understands the importance of bonding with a new child during the first few months of life. provides eligible employees with paid parental leave benefits that complement FMLA leave.
DoNotPay can show you how to apply for FMLA and coordinate benefits for your paid Adobe maternity leave. Our automated system simplifies the process, leaving you time to focus on your family.
Who Is Eligible for Adobe Maternity Leave?
Adobe employees must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the paid program:
- A full-time or part-time Adobe employee
- Employed by Adobe for at least 12 months
- Completed 1,250 hours of work within 12 consecutive months before the first day of the requested time off
To request paid Adobe maternity leave, employees must meet the above-listed criteria and apply for FMLA benefits with a qualifying event that includes:
- Birth of a child
- Placement of a child in your home through adoption, foster care, or other custody situation
If the child placed in your home is six years of age or older, you can request up to 12 weeks of parental leave. Adobe will cover your salary for up to four (4) weeks within 12 months of the child's arrival in your home.
Employees that meet the eligibility requirements for both the Adobe maternity leave and FMLA leave programs will receive up to sixteen (16) weeks of paid parental leave.
Adobe employees may also qualify for additional benefits for physician-certified FMLA leave due to childbirth-related disabilities.
The entire 16-week qualifying paid Adobe parental leave has to be continuous and must be completed within six (6) months of the birth of a newborn or placement of a child. All available state benefits must be taken concurrently with eligible Adobe maternity leave paid time off.
Only a small portion of the country offers state-paid maternity leave benefits.
|California||New York||New Jersey|
|South Dakota||New Mexico||Wyoming|
If you live in a state that does not offer paid parental leave, you can take advantage of the FMLA leave benefits. DoNotPay can help you fill out the proper forms to file an FMLA claim.
How to Apply for Adobe Maternity Leave on Your Own
To request an Adobe maternity leave, you need to follow these steps:
- Login to the Veer digital experience for a detailed financial plan, to-do list, and personalized timeline.
- Talk to your immediate supervisor about requesting maternity leave.
- Review the Adobe Leaves of Absence Policy Overview [PDF] to fully understand your options.
- Submit a leave request to Lincoln Financial Group.
You can contact an intake specialist at 800-459-3772 for further assistance. For general questions about Adobe maternity leave benefits, call 888-873-5476 or send them an email.
Apply for Adobe Maternity Leave and FMLA Benefits With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the perfect solution for coordinating benefits with ease, eliminating stress and time-consuming requirements. The entire process is super easy, giving you the peace of mind that the time spent at home with your family will not become a financial burden.
How to request parental leave using DoNotPay:
If you want to request parental leave but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Tell us which state you work in (if you work in CA, NY, NJ, MA, WA, or DC, your state has a paid family leave program).
- Choose whether you want us to apply to the program for you or contact your employer with your leave request. If you want to apply for the program, we will walk you through the questions on the form and mail the application form for you.
- If you want us to contact your employer, enter your leave details, including the starting date, number of weeks of leave, and how many weeks of paid leave you are requesting (for example, you may take a 12 week leave, but only request 8 weeks of paid leave to make the request reasonable).
- Indicate whether you are the birth parent or not (birth parents have a few additional legal protections).
- Enter the name of your company and the person to address this request to.
- Select whether you want us to email the request to your employer on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Request Adobe Maternity Leave?
Using the DoNotPay automated system is:
- Fast—In a matter of minutes your request for parental leave will be submitted.
- Easy—There are no tedious forms to fill out as automated prompts guide you every step of the way.
- Successful—You can be confident we are making the best case for you!
DoNotPay has years of experience helping its customers determine eligibility for workplace benefits. The automated system will generate an FMLA request letter so that your Adobe maternity leave is covered and you can enjoy spending the first few months of life bonding with your new child.