AARP Prescription Discount Card — All You Need to Know
It is an unhappy truism that the older people get, the more chronic illnesses they contract. Drugs prescribed to treat chronic illnesses come with a high price tag. As a demographic, seniors have less disposable income to spend on prescription drugs to treat their chronic illnesses. AARP's prescription discount card helps seniors pay for life-saving drugs to treat illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and so on.
Some retail pharmacies and supermarket chains that feature pharmacies offer their own prescription discount programs whose terms vary with geographic locations. Finding these discount programs requires a facility for thorough research on the web. The research also requires the ability to track the steps needed to become a member of various prescription discount programs. Then seniors have to determine whether each prescription discount card or program saves them money on their particular prescription drug, dosage, and method of delivery. Ferreting out the answers to this probe on one's own is daunting.
DoNotPay's automated website provides a more efficient and less aggravating approach to finding cheaper prescription drugs.
How to Find the Best Prescription Savings Program?
Naturally, seniors aren't the only consumers who need less expensive medicines. The trick is to know how to look for prescription discount programs and prescription discount cards. Seniors are a prime example because they tend to have more chronic illnesses, but younger consumers face chronic illnesses, too, with the associated high price tags. Then, too, uninsured consumers face coming out-of-pocket for their drug costs.
In addition to searching for programs that help with chronic illness, several search factors to consider in the search for the best prescription savings program include:
- Cost comparisons between discount programs,
- Availability of the prescription discount program or card in a specific geographic area,
- Online ordering for those who want the convenience or who are homebound, and
- Local offerings from retailers in the consumer's home base,
Top Prescription Savings Programs
A few of the prescription discount programs in the U.S. stand out in their ability to save consumer dollars. They are described below.
AARP Prescription Discount Program
AARP's prescription discount card program provides an alternative to insurance drug prices. AARP discount cardholders sometimes save more by using the prescription discount card than through their insurance. They also reap the benefit of home delivery. AARP has no limit on the number of times consumers may use the discount card. The AARP discount card applies to all FDA-approved medicines. It applies to brand-name, generic, and over-the-counter drugs when prescribed by a doctor.
AARP recently opened up the OptumRx prescription discount card to non-members to reduce drug prices. Members get a card that provides benefits in addition to reduced prices.
GoodRx Prescription Discount Card
GoodRx operates a national healthcare business that provides a free website and app that track prescription drug prices in the U.S. GoodRx also provides free prescription discount coupons that consumers may use to buy cheaper medications in over 75,000 pharmacies in the U.S.
CVS Prescription Discount Program
CVS maintains a partnership with GoodRx Gold card through contracts with CVS pharmacy benefit managers. CVS also partners with Singlecare to provide a free prescription discount card that reduces the cash price of prescription drugs. Consumers with or without
prescription drug insurance may use the CVS prescription discount program.
|Discount Program Name||Subscription Price|
|AARP OptumRx Card||Annual Membership Fee for seniors only member card: $16/year; No fee for non-member drug discount card.|
|GoodRx||Free drug discount card to consumers who apply.|
|CVS Singlecare Discount Card||Free drug discount card to those who apply.|
How to Find the Best Savings Program on Your Own
Finding the best savings program on your own is a labor-intensive undertaking. Consider the following steps that consumers should take in the search for drug savings:
- Compare prices among all the pharmacies and retailers in the area.
- Apply for pharmacy cards to each retailer that reduces drug prices.
- Look for coupons online and in-store brochures.
- Apply for Big Pharma drug assistance programs.
- Talk to a physician about prescribing generics in lieu of name-brand drugs.
- Change medications to cheaper brands.
- Use mail-order for maintenance drugs.
- Research impact on specific medications of prescription discount coupons from WebMDRx.
If you want an easier way, you can relax. DoNotPay's automated website is faster, easier, and less painful than the do-it-yourself method.
Get the Best Prescription Drug Prices With DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the automated solution to the problem of searching for the best drug prices. The DoNotPay process is an easy four-step process:
- Go to the Prescription Discounts product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the name of your prescription drug and specify the specific brand if necessary.
- Tell us more about the dosage and form you usually receive the medication in.
- Enter your favorite pharmacy or retailer pick-up location.
Why Use DoNotPay to Find the Best Prescription Drug Prices?
That question is not hard to answer. Using DoNotPay means that you won't face:
- Hours trying to solve the price reduction issue;
- Completing tedious forms or tracking all the steps involved in researching the issue; or
- Worry - because you know DoNotPay makes the best case scenario for you.
Click a Button and DoNotPay Works Across All Companies
DoNotPay works for finding prescription discounts for many pharmacy retailers such as Rite Aid, Costco, CVS, Kroger, or Walgreens. It can also find discounts on various types of drugs, both name brand and generic.
And it all happens with the ease of a mouse click.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Finding the best prescription drug prices is one of the features that DoNotPay can help you research. Several examples follow:
- How to Claim Electronics Warranty Claims
- Learn about Clinical Trials
- Learn How Long U.S. Copyright Protection Lasts
- Request Sick Leave
- How to Obtain Birth Certificates in Any U.S. City
- Help with Bills
Visit DoNotPay today. Make this automated website your resource for all your consumer questions.