Stop Debt Collection Calls from 0345 849 8943 Fast
Getting repetitive calls from an unknown number can be frustrating. This is especially true if you are in debt and are unsure whether or not the person on the other end of the phone is a debt collector. If you have been receiving a call from , DoNotPay can help you find out who is calling you and how to deal with it.
Who Is Calling Me From 0345 849 8943?
is one of the numbers that is used by Mortimer Clarke Solicitors. This is a law group that specializes in debt collection.
There are several reasons why this company could be calling you, but some of the most common reasons include:
- Verify that you owe money to a specific company
- Verify the exact amount of money that you owe
- Try to collect payment
- Ask you how you plan on paying for your debt
Mortimer Clark Solicitors is not a lender. So, if you do not remember getting a loan from them, it is because you have never received any money from them. Instead, you owed another company money and that company hired Mortimer Clarke to collect it. The same applies to Lowell Financial and Moorcroft Debt Recovery.
Is Mortimer Clark Solicitors a Scam?
No, this is a legitimate company. They are a litigation law firm that is a part of the Cabot Credit Management Group and is a member of the Credit Services Association. This means that they must abide by the CSA Code of Practice, which gives strict guidelines on how the company can treat their customers and the debtors.
Some of the key points that the CSA Code of Practice covers include:
- They must accept all reasonable offers that a debtor makes when trying to pay back the debt if the person is unable to pay back the amount owed in full.
- Treat debtors with respect and empathy
- The company must allow the debtor to prioritize mortgage and rent payments when trying to pay back the debt.
- Allow the debtor to receive assistance from the Debt Respite Scheme Regulations when they are unable to repay their debt.
- When contacting a debtor, make sure that you are talking to the correct person before disclosing personal information about the debt.
What Happens if Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Try to Collect a Debt From Me?
When a company that you owe money to hires Mortimer Clarke Solicitors to collect a debt, you may receive a call from or another similar number. If you do not answer, the next steps could be:
- You receive a Debt Recovery Letter. Once you receive this letter, you should contact Mortimer Clarke's litigation customer consultants to dispute the allegations or make arrangements to pay the debt.
- If you do not respond to the first letter, you will receive a letter before Claim. This is essentially a notice that tells you if you do not talk to the litigators, Mortimer Clarke Solicitors will seek a court judgment against you
- If you still do not respond, you will receive a packet that contains information about an upcoming court date. This is not the same as a summons. You will not face jail time or any other harsh punishment for not showing up at your court date. However, if you do not show up, the judge will automatically grant a court judgment against you.
- You will then receive paperwork stating that there has been a County Court Judgment against you and you will be court ordered to pay the debt back in full.
How to Contact 0345 849 8943
If you receive a call from 0345 849 8943, you should not call that number back. Instead, you should contact their customer service line to directly reach a litigation professional. You can also contact them by mail or email. Here is a look at the various contact options.
|Phone||0345 849 8943
0330 045 0779
|Post||Mortimer Clarke Solicitors
PO Box 130
Let DoNotPay Help You Deal With People Who Called You From 0345 849 8943
You might have been getting calls from 0345 849 8943 for months not or they might have just started calling you. You may also be confused about why they keep calling you about a debt you haven’t taken from them or one that you have paid for a long time ago. Dealing with a debt collector can be scary and stressful. DoNotPay, however, has several easy solutions.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
DoNotPay Works Well With All Debt Collection Companies
No matter which debt collection company is contacting you, DoNotPay can help. It pays to have someone on your side advocating for your rights when dealing with debt collectors.
Here are just some of them:
- Learn how to get a Provident Loan refund
- Everything you need to know about Amigo Loans refund
- Stop Advantis Debt Collections from contacting you
- Learn about DWP Debt Management
- Easily get in touch with Marston Group Holdings
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
There are other life issues that you would need the help of the state-of-the-art, AI, robolawyer from DoNotPay. This short list could give you an idea of other services you can take advantage of:
- File a Complaint Against Any Company
- Enjoy Free Trials and Not Get Charged
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- Increase Credit Limit
- Sue Anyone in Small Claims Court
- Pay Bills Online
DoNotPay can help with so many other things. Feel free to look at our full list of services that we offer to see how we can assist you further.