How to End Harassing Calls From 1789405056
Are you receiving constant phone calls from the number ? If so, you're not alone. The number traces back to Zinc Debt Collection, a debt collecting company that is all too well known for their harassing phone calls to debt holders.
If you are getting bombarded by calls from Zinc Debt Collection in the U.K., it is important to know your rights. Under the law, debt collectors are not allowed to harass, threaten, or otherwise abuse you. They also cannot call you outside certain hours, or contact you at work if they know that your employer does not allow it.
In this article, we'll further explore how debt collectors such as Zinc Debt Collection may be violating your rights and how to stop them from contacting you. Also, we'll advise you how DoNotPay can help you determine a course of action to take and even file a complaint on your behalf.
Who Is Zinc Debt Collection and Why Are They Calling Me?
Zinc Debt Collection is a debt collection agency in the U.K. They may be calling you because you owe money to a company or individual who has hired them to collect the debt. The company purchases debts from other companies at a reduced rate and uses their staff to chase customers for the debt.
There have been many complaints from this number for collections harassment and text message spam. They are calling to recover debt for credit cards, utility bills, or even parking fines or council tax debts.
The phone number they use, , has a negative rating for feedback, with many complaints from people describing being bombarded with calls and voicemails.
Zinc Debt Collection Details
Zinc Debt Collection may be reached through the following:
|Address||Kings House, 4 Elm Court
Stratford Upon Avon, CV37 6PA
|Phone Number||0141 301 1055|
The company also goes by the following other names:
- Zinc Group
- Zinc Recoveries
- Zinc BPO Ltd.
- Zinc SLM
- Zinc Solutions
- Zinc Credit Consultancy
- Complete Credit Consultancy
Is Zinc Debt Collections a Scam?
Zinc Debt Collections are debt collectors representing a wide range of companies. While the company is not a scam, their methods of threatening phone calls and letters may be violating your rights.
What Happens if I Ignore Calls from 1789405056?
Not doing anything about Zinc's constant phone calls won't stop them from constantly trying to contact you. Even if you believe they are calling in error, you should follow up and register a complaint against the company for harassment.
Failure to not do anything can even result in them taking more action against you, such as adding interest and additional charges. They may even attempt to send a representative to your home if they do not hear from you.
How Long Can Zinc Debt Collections Try to Collect Debt From Me?
Debt collectors can keep trying to collect for six years. After that time, it becomes a statute-barred debt that becomes unenforceable. This is outlined in the Limitation Act of 1980.
Alternative Ways to Resolve Harassing Calls From 1789405056
If Zinc Debt Collections does not stop calling you even after threatening to report them for harassment, there are further actions you can take:
- Collect evidence of the harassment by noting the number of calls with dates and times. Write down what was said to you each time and with whom you spoke with.
- Write a letter to Zinc Debt Collections asking them to stop calling. Tell them how you want to be contacted in the future, and ask them to confirm this request in writing. They have three business days to respond informally by phone or email. They also must report your complaint to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
If the above actions fail to stop the phone calls, you can reach out to the following agencies for more assistance:
- Financial Ombudsman Service
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Trading Standards
How to Get Debt Harassment Help With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you make sure that your debt collector is following the law. Our service will walk through a series of questions with you and provide advice about what course of action would be best for dealing with this issue, whether it's reporting them or filing suit on your behalf.
Follow the steps below to get started:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
And that's it! Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We'll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the relevant trade association or ombudsman.
DoNotPay can also help you deal with the following lenders and creditors:
- Moorcroft Debt Recovery
- DWP Debt Management
- Advantis Debt Collection
- Provident Loans Refunds
- Marston Group Holdings
- Lowell Financial
- Amigo Loans Refunds
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you with debt collections companies, DoNotPay also provides solutions and guides on many other situations, including:
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Get help with bills
- File a complaint against any company
- Cancel any service or subscription
- Increase your credit limit
With their extensive website of guides and solutions, DoNotPay clearly levels the playing field for everyone. They cut through the bureaucratic red tape so you don't waste time and money. Sign up today and get invaluable help.