How to Stop Debt Collector Calls from 1622528543 Effortlessly
Most people in the UK have at least some form of debt. For some, it's as simple as a few missed payments on a credit card. For others, it can be an overwhelming debt that seems impossible to pay off.
Regardless of the size of the debt, the consequences of not paying it off can be severe. Debt collectors can harass you, sue you, and even take your assets.
Solutions are available for those who need help getting out of debt. Unfortunately, navigating the options can be overwhelming and lead to further problems, such as hidden fees, scams, and more debt. That's where DoNotPay comes in.
DoNotPay is a new way to get out of debt. It's faster, more convenient, and automated. So if you’re receiving calls lately from 01622528543 regarding your debt, don’t worry. You don't have to wait for help, and you don't have to deal with frustrating paperwork. DoNotPay also helps you take care of your debt quickly and easily.
Who Is 0162528543 and Why Are They Calling Me?
If you've received calls from 0162528543, don't worry, you're not alone. This number is associated with STA International, a debt collection company with its main offices in Maidstone, England.
STA International has over 65 years of experience in the collections industry and represents more than 1,000 businesses and institutions, both B2B and B2C.
The company also has specialized legal partners to help with the collections process and employs 80 agents globally. If you're receiving calls from this number, they are likely calling you:
- To collect payment – 0162528543 will likely call if you're behind on payments for an overdue bill or debt. The caller may threaten legal action if you don't make a payment.
- To inquire about you – 0162528543 may call to verify your identity and get updated contact information. The company may also attempt to collect additional information about your finances.
- To set up a payment plan – 0162528543 may offer to set up a payment plan if you struggle to pay off an outstanding debt. Be aware that these plans may come with additional fees.
- Harassing You to Pay Your Debt – 0162528543 may use aggressive tactics to get you to pay your debt, such as calling multiple times a day or contacting your family and friends.
Getting calls from 0162528543 can be frustrating. However, you should respond as soon as possible—even if you do not owe the debt. That's because avoiding responding to a debt collection notice may result in wage garnishment, legal action, or damage to your credit score.
However, STA International must also abide by any reasonable request to only contact somebody during specific hours or by a particular method.
STA International Contact Details
If you'd like to contact STA International yourself for more details, refer to this table of their contact details:
|Office Address||The Drying Loft, 25/26 Turkey Court Turkey Mill Business Park,
Ashford Road, Maidstone,
Kent, ME14 5PP
|Phone Number - Sales||01622 600 921|
|Phone Number - Collections||01622 528 543|
What Happens If I Don't Pay My Debt to STA International?
If you don't contact STA International back within the set timeline, they may take legal action. They may start court proceedings to get the money that you owe them.
However, they can only do this after:
- Send creditors to retrieve things equal to the debt's worth.
- File a County Court decision against you.
- Request a charging order or an attachment of the earnings order.
Alternative Ways to Resolve Customer Service Complaints
There are other ways to solve the problem if you are unhappy with the answer you got from STA International or want to make more complaints.
ADR Schemes (Alternative dispute resolutions) with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The FCA has guidelines and regulations regarding debt collection. The FCA may deny or withdraw the business's authorization or, for example, punish the corporation, but they cannot take on your specific case.
Reminding the creditor that breaking the law could result in the termination of their FCA authorization can be worthwhile.
Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is a free, independent service for settling disagreements between customers and businesses that provide financial services.
If the company does not resolve your problem satisfactorily, you can submit a complaint to the FOS, which will investigate and decide.
The FOS will only take on your case if only you meet the following conditions:
- You are not the person who owes the debt
- The amount you are requested to pay is incorrect
- The company is contacting you about the debt regularly
- You are having financial difficulties, and the company isn't being helpful
- Your debt obligation is not legally binding.
After filing a complaint, you should expect a response within ten days.
Small Claims Court
You can also take your case to a small claims court if you are asked to pay less than £10,000. The advantage of going to a small claims court is that it is usually quicker and cheaper than the County Court. It is also a suitable option if you do not feel comfortable representing yourself in court.
Get Debt Help with DoNotPay!
Debt collectors can be extremely aggressive and sometimes harassing when trying to get people to pay up.
Luckily, DoNotPay can help people determine whether their debt collector is compliant with debt collection laws and can even help file complaints against agencies that are not compliant.
That means that people don't have to deal with these agencies alone - DoNotPay can take care of it for them. Here are the steps you must take to get started with DoNotPay's debt help services:
- On DoNotPay, type "debt collection. "
- To assess if the debt collectors have broken any debt collection laws, you should respond to a series of queries regarding the debt collectors, including when and how they approached you.
- Choose your plan of action based on our advice, such as submitting a debt verification request, requesting that the debt collectors cease contacting you, or bringing them to the attention of a reputable trade body.
That's all you will do, as DoNotPay will take care of the rest when you decide on your course of action. We'll send your request through first-class mail to the debt collectors, or we'll automatically submit a complaint with the appropriate trade organization or ombudsman.
DoNotPay Can Assist With a Variety of Company Debt Recovery Issues
Apart from debt help recovery from STA International, DoNotPay can assist you with debt collection issues from:
- Moorcroft Debt
- Lowell Financial
- Amigo Loans
- Advantis Debt
- Provident Loans
- Marston Group
- DWP Debt Management
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can also help with several other tasks, such as:
- Increase credit limit
- Pay bills online
- File a complaint
- Missing money
- Small claims court
- Free trials
- Cancel subscriptions or services
- Help with the bills