Is 1133508520 a Scam? Here's How to Stop the Calls Quickly!
If you are facing financial hardship, you are not alone. The economic environment is precarious, and many people are finding it harder to make ends meet. A call from an unfamiliar number like 1133508520 letting you know that you owe them money could only add to the stress and anxiety that you might already be feeling.
The number 1133508520 can be traced back to the debt collection company Improved Financial Solutions or IMFS. After companies cannot settle debts, they often pass them onto collection companies like IMFS, Lowell, Moorcroft, DWP debt management, and Advantis. When unable to collect on the debt, collection agencies may resort to bailiffs such as Marston Group Holdings for intervention.
Navigating debt management could be confusing. Dealing with aggressive debt collectors could be stressful and intimidating as well. DoNotPay is here to help. Simply signing up could get you the assistance you need whether in validating the debt, making the debt collection agency stop calling or in disputing the debt you do not own. We can even get you refunds for Amigo Loans and Provident Loans, Keep reading to learn how.
Who Is Calling From 133508520 and Why Won’t They Stop Ringing?
Most people do not bother with unknown numbers. Spam calls are rampant, but when a phone number calls you repeatedly, you need to know who it is.
IMFS uses the number 1133508520 to collect on debts for financial services such as credit cards, loans, current accounts, and store cards for companies like eBay. If you remember a debt from any of these sources, it may be why you are receiving the phone calls. They are most likely calling:
- To collect payment
- To get more information from you
- To work out a payment plan with you or worse, to intimidate you into paying immediately
What You Should Do When You Receive a Call From 01133508520
If you receive a call from 01133508520, you might not know where to begin to get the issue resolved. Luckily, there are some steps you can take to get rid of the pesky debt collector calls.
If You Do Not Believe You Have a Valid Debt
When you receive a call from a debt recovery service, the first step is to determine if the debt is indeed yours. If you believe the phone calls are in error, here are the steps you should take to resolve the issue:
- File a debt verification request. They are required to send you back a debt validation letter in writing verifying the original owner of the debt, what the debt was for, how much is owed, and the age of the debt.
- If the debt is not valid, dispute the debt to have it removed.
- If the company will not remove the erroneous debt from your credit profile, contact your local financial ombudsman. After contacting the ombudsman, you should hear back within ten business days.
If the Debt Is Legitimate
If you know that the debt is yours, it is still beneficial to ask for a debt validation letter to verify the information.
- If you have a debt with IMFS, you need to check the age of the debt. In the United Kingdom, most debt has a six-year statute of limitations. This means after six years the debt will not affect your credit score.
- If you have the money, the easiest solution to debt recovery is to pay the debt in full.
- You can make a payment arrangement if you can't pay the debt in full.
- If you wish to cease the annoying debt recovery calls, ask the caller to stop calling. Legally, if you ask, they must stop contacting you.
Solve Your Debt Using DoNotPay
Having debt is stressful and overwhelming especially if your finances are already in a bad state. Not knowing how to solve the debt is difficult enough without the nuisance of debt recovery agents calling nonstop.
If you are struggling with unwanted calls from 1133508520, DoNotPay is here to help in a few simple steps!
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
That is all you have to do! DoNotPay will help you choose the best course of action for your debt case.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me Accomplish?
Struggling with your finances? DoNotPay understands which is why we have designed other products that you can use to help you rise from your financial slump.
Here are a few related services created to make your life easier and keep your hard-earned money where it belongs – in your pocket:
- Conveniently Pay Bills Online
- Enjoy Free Trials Without The Risk Of Getting Charged
- Cancel Services or Subscriptions That You No Longer Need
- Get Help Paying Your Bills
- File A Complaint And Get Compensated
- Increase Your Credit Limits
- Discover Missing Money
Sign up with DoNotPay today to explore these amazing services and more!